cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Meeting Server OVA install issues

leciscokid
Level 1
Level 1

Attempting an install for our lab environment, to demo this product.

Platform

UCS C210 M2 - ESX-5.0.0 Enterprise Plus

24GB RAM

Boot Volume - 131 GB Raid-1

VM Volume - 880 GB Raid-5

Vcenter 5.0.0 U2 - on Win 2K8 R2 Enterprise

I get the attached error creating the VM from the OVA.

Also, why can't you install the single node 50 user (Admin + IRP) ? There's no option in the dropdown when deploying ? Last, can someone point me to this magic-bullet "manual deployment" document I keep seeing referenced.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not sure but I know few partner received USB with CWMS OVA, Kindly work with your SE/AM for the same.

Arun

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Please check the MD5 sum for the OVA:

If you are deploying version 1.1 (1.1.1.9.A) => 2c73752ebdbbf8a63c876d2f3b0e696f

If 1.0 (1.0.1.6.A) => c8bfe668ce8cba15ceac3ddd8baaaca0

seems either OVA is bad or while deploying (due to transfer issue, so try deploying from different machine or source).

Manual deploy means, install admin node and then install IRP node and then connect IRP to admin.

Auto deploy: You install admin node and during that you have option to auto deploy IRP.

HTH

Arun

Due to the way the ova is distributed (5 parts) I have to download them all separately and then perform a copy /b file1 + file2, etc, in order to recombine the ova.

Is this the proper method of recombining the ova fragments, or is there a better method ?

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If MD5 if not matching then kindly re-download again.

I will download all (5) files, again, for the 3rd time now.

However, the BU should know, that it's extremely frustrating for Masters UC partners to have to go through such exhaustive effort, simply to download the code.

It should be provided in a more efficient manner, than having to perform a several hour http:// download.

Thanks for your responses.

leciscokid
Level 1
Level 1

So, I have pulled down the md5 file from

http://orion.mediuscorp.com:8081/CiscoOrionDownloader/coursefile.action?courses&userCcoidLog=medius1156

1.) I have downloaded all (5) parts, 3 different times, and none of the files MD5 match the MD5 file checksums.

2.) I have also noticed there are (5) parts, yet only (4) MD5 sums listed in the MD5 file.

Is there an alternate download location for this code ?

Sorry, I'm not aware of any other location to download these files or MD5 checksum, the checksum's I provided were for full OVA.

Request you to kindly get in touch with your SE or AM to short this out.

Regards

Arun

The MD5 checksums posted on the Medius downloader, from the Marketplace NFR / Beta are for each individual component.

See attached.

It lists a checksum for files 1-4 (not for part.005) and also lists a checksum at the end, with no part.00x, which I assume is for the complete and recompiled .ova.

In any case, no permuatation of the different files checksums, in any way match the MD5 file.

Also, the MD5 file matches the version number, but not the date of upload.

I believe these are either corrupt, or incorrect.

Is this the same source every partner is getting their CWMS ova from ?

Not sure but I know few partner received USB with CWMS OVA, Kindly work with your SE/AM for the same.

Arun

Thanks,

I sent a burner over to our Collab PDM to see if it's possible to get my hands on this.

As you can understand, it's very frustrating not to be able to get reliable code. Http downloads are not ideal for multi-gig files.

-bd-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: