Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Meeting Server upgrade to 2.5

Hello,

we have CWMS and IRP versione: 2.0.1.2.B-AE

We want to upgrade to 2.5.1.29.B-AE, i have the ova file.

Somebody can please help me giving me the steps to follow to perform the task?

Is the upgrade of the Internet Reverse "automatic"?

Every information will be appreciated.

Giovanni

25 Replies 25

Hello Dejan,

a little question. I would like to try upgrading webex meeting server from 2.5.1.29.B-AE to 2.5 MR3 hoping that it does not fail.

Can you tell me if i can go directly to MR3?

Thanks.

Giovanni

Yes, Giovanni, you can go to MR3 directly.

-Dejan

It worked without a problem.

thank you a lot

Hi  Giovanni,

Do you have any idea how much time will it take to update from 2.0  to 2.0 MR9?

We are planning for  this update.

Thanks

Sanket G

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As it is a single Minor Update process, without knowing your deployment size, I would say you should plan for 4h.

30min to put the system in Maintenance and gracefully shut down VMs.

5min to take VM snapshots

30min to bring all the VMs back up into Maintenance Mode

45min to run the update

30min to restart the system upon update completion

30min to bring the system out of Maintenance mode

1h to run all the tests and ensure the system works as expected and there is no need to revert to snapshots.

And then, you need to push the 2.0 MR9 client version to end users but that can be done outside of maintenance window.

-Dejan

Hi,

I am trying to update my CWMS system from version 2.0.1.107.B-AE to version 2.0.1.707.B but I keep on getting the error below. Any suggestions or ideas? I have tried 2.0.1.207 as well same error.

We are unable to prepare your system for the update. Restore the existing system using your backup. Confirm that your copy of the Cisco WebEx Meetings Server Release Update file is not corrupt, then try the Update again. Contact Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) for further assistance.

Best Regards

Hi Hermanus,

Can you please share a little bit more information about your setup?

1. What is the size of your deployment?

2. Do you have Internet Reverse Proxy - Public Access (IRP)?

3. Do you have High Availability (HA)?

4. Can you check if NTP client is running on all ESXi servers hosting CWMS VMs?

5. Ensure the time is in sync on all the hosts

6. Make sure that all the ports between Admin VM and IRP VMs (if you have them) are open: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_011.html#reference_CB65D7FE4B3746DDAF1649884AD777CE

Without the logs, it is hard to say what might have caused this error, but let's first check all of the above and we'll see what can be done next.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Thank you for the response.

1. What is the size of your deployment? (50 users)

2. Do you have Internet Reverse Proxy - Public Access (IRP)? (yes I have IRP with Public IP)

3. Do you have High Availability (HA)? (No)

4. Can you check if NTP client is running on all ESXi servers hosting CWMS VMs? (yes)

5. Ensure the time is in sync on all the hosts (Yes)

6. Make sure that all the ports between Admin VM and IRP VMs (if you have them) are open: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_011.html#reference_CB65D7FE4B3746DDAF1649884AD777CE

Yes

I have 1.13TB free space on my server as well.

I will gather some logs and have a look in that and check with my FW team if anything gets blocked.

Question though with my initial setup I had to open ports and those ports is still open do I need extra ports for the update? I have had a look a the ports and it seems like all the ports I have added with my initial setup.

Best Regards

Hi Hermanus,

If all the ports are open that were there for deployment and match the port requirement in the Planning Guide, you should be good. 

Can you please try to go to CWMS Administration > Support > Remote Support Account, and enable the account (give it a name and validity of just 1 day)?

Once the account is enabled, please see if you can SSH to the IRP server using Putty client or similar. If your firewall allows port 22 access to IRP, but your SSH connection gets rejected, your IRP VM server most likely has an issue with time sync (even though the ESXi host is fine). If that is the case, try disabling Remote Support Account and perform a graceful restart of IRP VM (in vCenter, right click IRP VM > Power > Restart Guest).

Once IRP VM is back up, try to enable Remote Support Account one more time, and see if SSH connection is accepted (you won't be able to log in, as you won't have the valid password, but we care just about the SSH connection). If yes, put the system in maintenance mode and try to update again. (make sure you take the VM snapshots before attempting the update - put the system in MM, gracefully power off the VMs - Shut Down Guest in vCenter, take the snapshot, power on the VMs, and then proceed with the update).

Let me know how that goes.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

It seems like NTP was the issue yes, I did a graceful restart of both the Admin server and the IRP and the update went through successful.

Thank you very much for the prompt assistance.

Herman

Best Regards

Hi Hermanus,

I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the problem and upgrade successfully. 

Thank you for letting me know.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: