cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex microphone not working with MacOS Mojave

John Lundell
Level 4
Level 4

When running MacOS Mojave we've noticed you can hear when on Webex meetings, but cannot speak.   It appears Webex is not asking for permission to use the microphone (which is now a security setting).    Webex Productivity Tools is, so if you use it and do a "meet now" the microphone does work.   If you join a Webex meeting any other way, the microphone does not work.

Has anyone else run into this, and is there a software update that will enable this to work?

Note: we're on WBS31 and our meeting center version is 31.11.11.1.  If there is a newer one out there I'd love to try it.

All other conferencing software I've run into will ask permission to use the microphone ones, then start working.

6 Replies 6

John Lundell
Level 4
Level 4

Ok in doing some research it appears if one uses Chrome for a Webex meeting, it will ask for permission to the microphone and video and it works as it should.

Safari on the other hand is not prompting for access.  My guess is its the add-on that is downloaded and installed that's the source of the issue.

smurp0513
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue in Chrome, on Mojave as well. No permission request as far as I saw.

dig
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

System Settings > Security & Privacy > Privacy
Select Microphone, check box next to Google Chrome to allow.

Started working after changing as above. Wasn't aware that the "standalone" client still relies on your browser to function. Success!

Thanks for this, glad I stumbled across it. perfect fix.

Problem Statement: User when join webex meeting - user cannot be heard but user can hear the rest of the participants

Tried the solution you gave and it worked :

System Settings > Security & Privacy > Privacy
Select Microphone, check box next to Google Chrome to allow.

I don't have 'anything' showing up in that privacy setting. I am guessing nothing has requested permission. Mojave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: