cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex participants cannot hear audio on my Camtasia 8 .mp4 Video

ginafromtampa
Level 1
Level 1

Having trouble with Webex participants hearing the audio of my Camtasia 8.1 .mp4 video I'm playing when sharing my screen. My Windows 7 system audio is on. I'm using a computer headset while sharing my screen in Webex and playing my Camtasia video. I can hear the audio fine from my end. But the audio quality is really bad playing the video, and the participants cannot hear it well.  I recorded the video in Camtasia at 100% quality. I just listened to the Webex recording and same thing.

Please help.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

cralvara
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Gina,

How are you? I hope that you are doing great.

Here there is some information that may help on your issue. According to Video File Sharing in Cisco WebEx Web Conferencing Services white paper, there are some limitations that may be causing the issue.

"What are the known limitations?

• MP4 and MOV video files cannot be shared in a WebEx meeting if the QuickTime player installed on the presenter’s computer cannot play them.
  • Audio-only participants attending the WebEx meeting using PSTN audio will not hear the audio from the streamed video clip."

Perhaps that could not be the case, so here there is another document that may help. This is a troubleshooting guide for Cisco Webex Meeting server, it mentions that long latencies negatively affect the audio, video, and data-sharing quality of the meeting experience for users. Also mentions the recommendations to mitigate the issue.

Hopefully this information helps you.

Best Regards

Cristina Alvarado

Cisco Virtual Engineering - Partner Help.

Hi Cristina,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.  But I tried to open both of the links you provided and received the same error message:  This is a part of it:

"Forbidden File or Application.The file or application you are trying to access may require additional entitlement or you are trying to access a file with an invalid name. Additional entitlement levels are granted based on a users relationship with Cisco on a per-application basis..."

I tried the steps in the message but none of them work.

I would really like to read these articles, especially about PTSN audio (I assume that means using their telephones for audio vs. using their computers - VOIP).

In the second part of your reply about latency, we tested this morning within our same floor and the other person could not hear the audio at all, with both of us using our USB computer headsets and VOIP in the Webex session.

Thanks very much.

Gina

Hello Gina,

I am really sorry for this issue that is not letting you access. It seems to be that you don't have the rights to access to those links. I would recommend you to contact our Technical Assistance Center (TAC). This is the dedicated group highly trained with troubleshooting, and other Post- sales related concerns.

You may contact them via email at tac@cisco.com. Also, you can open a case for this issue at http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do or call them directly, to get the numbers for specific country go to: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_worldwide_contacts.html

Hopefully your issue will be resolved.

Best Regards

Cristina Alvarado

Cisco Virtual Engineering - Partner Help.

deanlee01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gina,

I was having the same issue too.  I had embedded an mp4 file to play from my powerpoint slide.  the video was choppy and my audience was not getting any audio.  I found out how to work around this:

once the webex is extablished, go to the file menu and select 'share' from the menu.  from the dropdown list, select file (with video).  this will put the file on a tab that you can then click on to play.  I know it is clunky, but my audience was able to see the viedo (pretty good w/very little latency) and the audio was good too.

Hope that helps out.

Thanks,

Dean

Dean,

I tried your steps above, but it still doesn't work for us.  We are using telephone for audio.  I added video as an .avi to PowerPoint 2010 (.mp4 didn't work for some reason).  The video looks/sounds great in ppt.  Then in the Webex, I selected Share > File (Including Video) and selected the ppt.  I played the ppt.  No one can hear it via the phone connection.  Unfortunately we don't all have the option to use computer USB headsets and have to dial via telephone.  I can only hear the audio when I am the host and am using a computer USB headset.

Gina,

when you add the file, it should be the avi file, not the powerpoint file.  you can run the powerpoint deck and when you reach that slide, you will have to jump out of powerpoint to play the avi file.  Sorry, this was the way I got my avi/mp4 to play with sound and the people on the webex were able to see/hear the video.  I have not checked to see if the sound from the video comes across the telephone (is this via webex audio option?) or straight phone conference call?

Dean

Dean,

I just tried that and no luck.  The sound from the video does not come across the telephone -- that's the problem.   Our participants have to use a phone connection, not computer.  I believe what Cristina posted above also applies to video/audio Webex sessions when try to play a video with audio:  "Audio-only participants attending the WebEx meeting using PSTN audio will not hear the audio from the streamed video clip."  I'm not sure what PSTN is, but if it means using a telephone for audio of a Webex meeting, then that's the problem.

The only workaround I've heard from my colleagues is to use external speakers in a conference room and put the phone close to them. 

Thanks very much.

Gina

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: