Views
Helpful
Replies

@webex, PMR and My WebEx Meetings Behavior

Keith Klevenski
Level 5
Level 5

All,

Have Spark Hybrid Calendar service set up and wanted to confirm the following is currently the expected behavior:

• When scheduling with @webex the Personal Meeting Room meeting does not show up under My WebEx Meetings on webex.com or under My Meetings in the WebEx app
  • When scheduling a Personal Meeting Room with Productivity Tools the same behavior as above
  • When scheduling a normal WebEx using Productivity Tools the meeting does show up under My WebEx Meetings on webex.com or under My Meetings in the WebEx app

Is this the expected behavior?  I was expecting to see meetings created with @webex to be there so I can demonstrate pressing the Join button in the WebEx app to easily join an @webex meeting, but that isn't the case for me and wanted to confirm this is currently the expected behavior.

I came across this post that is similar although is referring to Jabber:  Re: Jabber Join/Pop for WebEx PMR  Ultimately the issue is whether the @webex meeting is supposed to be on the WebEx Meetings page in either the app or website.  For me it is not.

Thanks!

Keith

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think the logic is pmr is always on for you and hence you hit start on that screenshot I sent vs scheduled where you have to see the meeting in your login screen

I was the one who posted the jabber comment and that’s frustrating since I want to start inside that client vs spark

Remember for TP endpoints you can use TMS for CCM OBTP or Spark can get it from the cloud without TMS

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yep same behavior I see too and maybe their logic is the PMR is front and center when you login to the site since the URI never changes you can just hit the main join button always under the "Meeting center Tab" in the home page when you login

I am not sure with the new upcoming web UI refresh if things will change (you can request your CSM to enable that for you) but as per the attached screenshot you can use that to demonstrate your join

Keep also in mind with the Push to use Spark as the Join client, one can use that too to start a WebEx as the second screenshot shows

Thanks Srini for confirming and you made some good points.  I will be glad when Spark and WebEx can act and be referred to as one entity (hopefully) as it is confusing to show customers so many ways to join a meeting.  It's good to have options, but it can be overwhelming for customers that are not IT focused.

The fact that the easiest way to schedule a meeting using @webex doesn't show a join button in WebEx at all, where you would expect it to be, is odd.  I'm trying to demo the 'big green Join button' as much as possible to make it as simple as possible for the customer to follow.

Thanks again Srini for your input sir.

Keith

I think the logic is pmr is always on for you and hence you hit start on that screenshot I sent vs scheduled where you have to see the meeting in your login screen

I was the one who posted the jabber comment and that’s frustrating since I want to start inside that client vs spark

Remember for TP endpoints you can use TMS for CCM OBTP or Spark can get it from the cloud without TMS

Thanks

Srini