cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webex press 1 to connect to meeting

Seann Ritzman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A few months ago - the requirement of pressing 1 to be connected to the WebEx meeting went away - and this was glorious for folks who may not sit next to their phones and use a wireless headset.  However, after a recent update, it looks like we're back to this archaic functionality... is there any way to update this or would it be possible to make this an optional configuration?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Is this related to Cisco WebEx Meeting Server? If so you can disable that function simply by doing to the following;

1. Login to the meeting administration site

2. Go to Settings > Audio 

3. Scroll down to the Call Me Service

4. Check the box next to " Bypass pressing "1" whenever you connect to the meeting audio from your Call Me service."

Regards,

Richard

View solution in original post

Hi Mike,

No, this needs to be set at a system level by an administrator under the meeting administration URL - these will differ for each installation but will be something like meetingadmin.my-internal-domain.com

Regards,

Richard

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Is this related to Cisco WebEx Meeting Server? If so you can disable that function simply by doing to the following;

1. Login to the meeting administration site

2. Go to Settings > Audio 

3. Scroll down to the Call Me Service

4. Check the box next to " Bypass pressing "1" whenever you connect to the meeting audio from your Call Me service."

Regards,

Richard

Thanks, Richard... for whatever reason - I only JUST got notification that you answered this TODAY. I appreciate it!

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be anything I can find... but it sounds like it should work to set a master config.

I'll keep dabbling with it... thank you.

Hi Seann,

I've just checked on on a CWMS 2.6 (the on premise version - not the cloud service)and the option is still there;

Hope this helps!

Richard

Hi there,

Is that a screen I can access and change as a user and how do I get to it?  Thank You, Mike

Hi Mike,

No, this needs to be set at a system level by an administrator under the meeting administration URL - these will differ for each installation but will be something like meetingadmin.my-internal-domain.com

Regards,

Richard

Therein lies the problem... I'm just a user in TAC with a defined configuration... the requirement to "press 1" is absurd and annoying.  I know there are other teams who don't have this policy forced, and it's glorious.

So if I understand correctly, on the premise version, this setting is default and cannot be changed, or are you saying that you don't have the admin rights to change the setting?

It appears many of my peers are on the cloud based model, which is configurable.  If this cannot be changed for the current system I'm on, can I get moved to the cloud version?  Otherwise, my invitees are going to continue to not like me :).

Open to suggestions.

Thanks, Mike

The on premise version (CWMS) can be changed - the screen shot is from an on premise version.

It is possible to change this setting on the cloud hosted version too, although I believe you'll need to be the site administrator to access this.

https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-4005

Step 1 On the left navigation bar, select Configuration > Common Site Settings > Options.

Step 2 Scroll down to Telephony entry and exit tone, and then select one of the following options for the services:
Beep: WebEx plays a simple tone when a participant joins or leaves.
Announce name: WebEx asks each participant to state their name as they join the meeting and then announces the participant’s name.
No tone: WebEx does not play any sound when a participant joins or leaves.

Step 3 To allow users to automatically join call-back teleconferences without pressing "1", select On, next to Join teleconference without pressing "1".

Regards,

Richard

Ok, I'm not sure if I'm on the premise or cloud version.  I'm totally fine with the change being done, how do we find the system administrator to make the change?  Thx

I personally appreciate the 'press 1' configuration. Only because without it, people using the "call me at number xyz" option (as opposed to them dialing in and entering the meeting ID) often miss the call causing WebEx to be connected to their voicemail so the whole conference hears "We're sorry, blah blah blah is not available. Please leave a message after the tone". With the "press 1" option that won't happen since WebEx won't receive the DTMF tone "1" and therefore won't connect the call into the conference. Not saying it's not annoying to have to press 1 but it's certainly something that has some value IMO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: