cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex "Call using computer" is not available

jackson1
Level 1
Level 1

In Cisco Webex Meeting Center WBS31, Version 31.17.5.4, I am unable to use the "Call using computer" feature. 

Under Audio Connection "I Will Call In" is the only option. Also 'Computer Audio Settings...' are greyed out as shown.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Untitled.png

10 Replies 10

Simon Coventry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There, 

The reason you are not seeing the option to join audio via your computer is that the machine you are trying to join the webex session from has no microphone input. Try pluggin in a USB headset or join from a machine which has access to a microphone device and the options should become available.

HTH

MonCov

Thank you for the suggestion, however I am using a headset with microphone. The headset and microphone work with other applications. 

Hi,

OK, coul it be that your browser doesnt have access to mic?

HTH

MonCov

My browser does have access to mic.

It could be your WebEx account doesn't have Integrated VOIP enabled, recommend you check with your WebEx admin to verity your teleconference permissions.

The administrator has given access to VOIP. I have tested the mic and the headset in the webex and they work perfectly. Still no "Call using computer" option available at all, anywhere. 

Could we get a CISCO representative to actually answer this long standing problem?????

If VOIP  is enabled as a feature on the WebEx site.  Can you make sure that the host has Integrated VoIP selected on their WebEx account.

Hello all.   Has there been any resolution to this?  I just got off the phone with Webex support and they are stumped. Case opened.

The option work for me  , I'm the webex admin.  It's enabled Globally as well. 

Thanks

Quick resolution -  CMR ( Collaboration Meeting Room ) needs to be disabled. ( Uncheck ) 

"Quick resolution -  CMR ( Collaboration Meeting Room ) needs to be disabled. ( Uncheck )"

Where can I see this CMR?

Please see attached, it works when just connected to internet.

But it doesn't work when connected to VPN

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: