Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Redundancy Servers

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

just wanna to know how many HA servers can be added to the primary Webex Server ??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no mechanism to add the second HA. When you are enabling High Availability on CWMS, you are asked for IP address of the hosts and FQDN of the VMs, and you have fields only for a single supported entry. Once HA is added, you can't add another HA system to the solution. 

You can find out more information about Adding HA to CWMS here:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_0111.html

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It all depends on the size of the system. Please, look at the Planning Guide to see the graphical representation of different deployment sizes and corresponding HA VMs:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_00.html#reference_EE2655849348437FB3A34F4C4D3E1F71 

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

Thanks petrovi for sharing the link, actually i had a look to this document but it doesn't show the max number for HA servers if we need to deploy for 800 users.

the scenario I am going to do is to place Two HA servers, each will have the same server specs and same IRP server specs as the primary but i am not sure if  i can use Two HA servers or there are limitation to use only one.

Thanks

There is only a single HA deployment per configuration.

If you are deploying 800 users system, you will have the following:

1. Primary Admin VM

2. Primary Media VM

3. Primary IRP VM

1. HA Admin VM

2. HA Media VM

3. HA IRP VM

That is it. You can't add more devices to the topology than this. Each IRP VM needs to be deployed on a dedicated UCS server (that means 2 UCS server for two IRP VMs). As for Admin and Media VMs, you can have Primary Admin and Media VMs on one UCS server, and HA Admin and HA Media VMs on another UCS server. You can split Admin and Media VMs to dedicated servers, but that would be a waste of resources. 

As you can see in a guide, for 800 users system with HA, you would need minimum of 4 UCS servers in the following topology:

1. UCS #1 - Primary Admin and Primary Media VMs

2. UCS #2 - HA Admin and HA Media VMs

3. UCS #3 - Primary IRP VM

4. UCS #4 - HA IRP VM

I hope this explains it.

-Dejan

Great explanation, so if I want to add second HA server what will be the requirement and will it work or it will not accept the second HA server

There is no mechanism to add the second HA. When you are enabling High Availability on CWMS, you are asked for IP address of the hosts and FQDN of the VMs, and you have fields only for a single supported entry. Once HA is added, you can't add another HA system to the solution. 

You can find out more information about Adding HA to CWMS here:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_0111.html

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

What about the cold standby webex server. is it considered as a HA for webex ?

If you would like to have something more than just this standard HA system is  to deploy a full identical deployment with all the same parameters and keep it powered off. In case of a primary system failure, you could power off all primary system components, bring up this disaster recovery system, connect it to the same NFS storage where backups of the original system are located, and restore from backup.Finally you would need to request rehosting of the licenses for this new system and install the licenses. 

I don't know if that is something you would be willing to do as it requires double the hardware and it is a manual disaster recovery procedure.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: