Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Toolbar/Ribbon buttons not available in outlook 2007

Dear All,

we have cwms 2.6.1.45.B-AE, on client side webex prodactivity tool 2.82.6100.1072 and outlook 2007. Unfortunately webex plug in not visible in outlook. I tried:

change the Macro Security by going in the Trust Center and changing the level to a less secure option.

and manually add ptolkadd.dll, but not helped.....

any ideas?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is this happening on every PC with OL2007 or just some? 

How are you installing the Productivity Tools?

Can you try the following:

1. Uninstall the Productivity Tools

2. Close Outlook

3. Download Productivity Tools MSI file (ptools.msi) and save it to your desktop

4. Ran Command Prompt as Administrator (right click Command Prompt in Start > Programs section, and select Run as Administrator)

5. Change to the directory where you saved ptools.msi

6. Run the following command (replace "webexsitename.domain.com" with your WebEx Site URL): 

msiexec.exe /q /i "ptools.msi" SITEURL="https://webexsitename.domain.com"; OI=1

This is a silent install, so wait for 5min and check in Control Panel > Programs and Features if the PT installed.

7. Once installed, start WebEx Assistant and log in to your WebEx Site.

8. Start Outlook and verify if the WebEx options show in the ribbon.

I hope this will be of help.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is this happening on every PC with OL2007 or just some? 

How are you installing the Productivity Tools?

Can you try the following:

1. Uninstall the Productivity Tools

2. Close Outlook

3. Download Productivity Tools MSI file (ptools.msi) and save it to your desktop

4. Ran Command Prompt as Administrator (right click Command Prompt in Start > Programs section, and select Run as Administrator)

5. Change to the directory where you saved ptools.msi

6. Run the following command (replace "webexsitename.domain.com" with your WebEx Site URL): 

msiexec.exe /q /i "ptools.msi" SITEURL="https://webexsitename.domain.com"; OI=1

This is a silent install, so wait for 5min and check in Control Panel > Programs and Features if the PT installed.

7. Once installed, start WebEx Assistant and log in to your WebEx Site.

8. Start Outlook and verify if the WebEx options show in the ribbon.

I hope this will be of help.

-Dejan

Thank you! its working

Hi Dejan,

We have CWMS version 2.7MR2 and couple of users on outlook 2016 are not able to see the WebEx option in the outlook ribbon. It works fine for me even though I am using outlook version 2016.I have checked the outlook options for the affected user but I was not able to find the WebEx productivity tool add-in even though this user was logged in to WebEx productivity tool . Can you please let me know if the above steps work in this case also ?

Hi Shibin,

Some causes of the issue can be:

1. During the PT push to the end user (if PT is pushed) the Outlook Integration switch wasn't implemented right.

2. After PT was installed, some other OL add-in might conflicted with it and the PT integration was Disabled in OL.

For the second option, open Outlook, click on File > Options > Add-ins, and first check if WebEx Productivity Tools shows in Add-ins list.

a. If it is in Active Application Add-ins then it should show in the ribbon

b. If it is in Inactive Application Add-Ins list, then OL policies are not allowing it

c. If it is in Disabled Application Add-ins, something was conflicting with it and it was disabled. 

In this case, in the bottom of the page click on Manage: Disabled Items and click Go. Then select PT  dll file listed, and click Enable. Restart Outlook and see if it is resolved.

For the first scenario, the instructions for installing PT with admin rights mentioned in this post should be the next step.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Thank you so much, I don't see WebEx productivity tool in the OL add-ins so I will proceed with the steps mentioned above.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: