Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Training Center: Hands-On-Labs ... Performance Issues

albert.rudert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I hope someone here has some helpful tips for us, since we haven't gone very far with opening a support ticket :-/.

Here is our situation:

We are using webex training center quite a lot for our virtual classes on a global base.

We decided to use webex in first place, since the option of the nicly integrated hands-on labs is a big plus.

BUT lately (?) the performance (= the user experience within the labs) is a nightmare.

When the users try to use the connected machines (= about 10 per session; VMs with win7 based software on it) the latency (or whatever) is so high, that you do not have chance to operate the system in an effective way/at all.

The mouse cursor does not respond in real-time, jumps ect (I know that a small latency is normal, but this is too much).

So  what we need to know:

- are there any technical minimum requirements for the (virtual) machines connected via the labs ?

- what is the actual framerate transmitted in the labs (we have the feeling its only 5fps, which would also explain the poor performance)

- what is the min. bandwidth / pre-requ on the users site, for an optimal performance of the labs

- how can we effectively troubleshoot this (without installing any undocumented "spyware" on the users pc)?

- anything else to know to help sort this out ?

Thanks a lot for your input.

3 Replies 3

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

A. Rudert,

I found this document that may be helpful in answering your questions about Hands-On Labs:

Hands-on Lab Administration | Cisco Cloud Collaboration Help Central

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Dear Kelli,

thank you for the quick answer.

But unfortunately this is the answer we ALWAYS get from Cisco Support.

In the linked article are only basic explanations and no answers to our technical detailed questions (framerate / bandwith minimum requirements?, special requirements for VMs ?) .

System Requirements for Local and Remote Computers

With WebEx Access Anywhere, you can remotely access a computer by using another computer, which is connected to the Internet. Install the Access Anywhere Agent on each computer that is in the Hands-on Lab, and on any computer that you use to access the lab.

Before you set up a computer for Access Anywhere, ensure that each remote computer and local computer meet the minimum system requirements. For more information, see the WebEx Training Center Release Notes for your version of WebEx Training Center. Release notes documents are available from http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/webex-training-center/products-release-notes-list.html.

@albert.rudert wrote:

Dear Kelli,

thank you for the quick answer.

But unfortunately this is the answer we ALWAYS get from Cisco Support.

In the linked article are only basic explanations and no answers to our technical detailed questions (framerate / bandwith minimum requirements?, special requirements for VMs ?) .

System Requirements for Local and Remote Computers

With WebEx Access Anywhere, you can remotely access a computer by using another computer, which is connected to the Internet. Install the Access Anywhere Agent on each computer that is in the Hands-on Lab, and on any computer that you use to access the lab.

Before you set up a computer for Access Anywhere, ensure that each remote computer and local computer meet the minimum system requirements. For more information, see the WebEx Training Center Release Notes for your version of WebEx Training Center. Release notes documents are available from http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/webex-training-center/products-release-notes-list.html.

Albert, I'm curious if you ever identified more details related to virtual machines. I see the same page is there and does not provide any detail as it relates to resources for a VM. We're using VMware Vsphere and I'm trying to find out if this is supported.