Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird bug Jabber

Eng.AymanSabry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I have a weird issue and i faced it in my LAB enviroment also i faced this issue in real scenario i'm here to ask if someone did have this issue before or not

i have all my servers ( Windows 2012 r2, CUCM, CUC, IMP ) in network 10.0.100.0/24

When i connect clients in the same network as server Jabber logs fine without any issues.

When i take the same clients to a different network but same parameters such as DNS only change is the network to seperate the clients from servers Jabber faces issues communication error.

Note. Everything is same DNS only change in the network of the hosts ( IP reachibility is there )

5 Replies 5

Have a look at this document for how to troubleshoot login issues with Jabber.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber/212471-jabber-login.html

Response Signature

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Does the DNS resolves the IM and CM server names to the correct IP address?

Or maybe check your firewall for required ports

Thanks Everyone for helping and supporting

Problems solved it wasn't CUCM or IMP problem it was DNS problem since it was a newly server created 

You need to trust any new networks in Active sites and Services 

also you need to create reverse zone for all different networks that will join jabber

I had a simular problem with some users but it was caused because they weren't using the internal DNS.

Glad that you resolved your problem :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: