cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is call manager doing with Jabber guest if you have no endpoints registered to Call manager?

Douglas Baggett
Level 1
Level 1

Our Call  Manager deployment is in it's VERY early stages. We have a Telepresence infrastructure at the moment (VCS Control and Expressway). All of our TP endpoints and Jabber Telepresence clients are registered to the VCS. What is going on that the Jabber guest and VCS server need call manager for? I know it's REQUIRED in the manual and I saw a slide somewhere that said using Jabber Guest without Call manager is NOT SUPPORTED.

Realistically though, I might not get permission to build a SIP trunk between the new Call manager and VCS for some time..so...supported or not will it work without call  manager or is there something going on that's critical on call manager to make it work regardless of the fact that there is nothing registered to CUCM?

thanks!

1 Reply 1

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Douglas,

As you've gathered this configuration is not supported, and hence we don't actively test it or document it.  That said, it should work fine

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: