cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Whens the Ipad client going to be released ?

colin.flanagan
Level 1
Level 1

Whats ETA for ipad client availablity ?

Message was edited on April 21, 2013:  Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community Moderator, added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

56 Replies 56

Sounds like the hold up is more on iTunes and Apple.....not Cisco. They cant MAKE Apple release it instantly to the app store, it's simply the process of creating an app no matter who you are.

I think the problem is they waited until June 30th 2012 to finally give it to Apple.  What was the hold up?  so many other companies had clients like this out for YEARS...  come on, it isn't Apple's fault (though they aren't helping).  And really, why just iPad?  Clearsea works great on my iPhone and my Andriod Tablet.  I couldn't care less aout IM features, I just need the SIP video features that my customers have been clamoring for and I have been having to tell them no.  I hate telling my customers no.

Indeed. Its available now!

Mark

I'm perplexed.

Does it really not rotate for portrait aspect?

Anyone know how to fix this error so client can login to VCS?

The following information was received:(489 Unsupported Endpoint Model from VCS)

Update:  for those having issues logging in using VCS with TMS (like Movi/Jabber Video for Windows) you have to load the Configuration Template to TMS to be able to login.

Client looks really good folks, looking forward to putting it through its paces in the next week.  :-D

Hi Donald

Thanks, I found an Admin guide which tells me the same.

Unfortunately there is no help on where to find the template. Do you have a link?

/Martin

Donald,

Thanks for making the update for others to learn from.

Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming!  I just talked with the engineering director who is responsible for the app yesterday in the break room at Cisco and she is excited to hear the feedback.

Laura Douglas

Cisco Collaboration Community Manager

Hello all,

For more details on the Cisco Jabber for iPad app please see this thread which has information, including the links to download and documentation: http://communities.cisco.com/message/98829

Also, thanks for your interest and all the feedback on this thread. It is great to see!  A couple of community managment points along those lines:

• We appreciate negative or positive feedback on the Cisco Collaboration Community -- we don't censor (unless people make derogatory comments regarding race, sex, and the like)
  • In this virtual experience space within the Cisco Collaboration Community, we don't require you to log in to post. The reason for that is that many people new to Cisco are visiting this space and likely don't have a cisco.com id/psw and we are trying to make it easier for them to have a voice.

Having said that,

• Cisco puts a lot of resource into supporting this community and each of our experts logs in and signs their name to each post demonstrating accountability.
  • First and foremost we want to build a community that people come back to, participate regularly and form online relationships ... rather than anonymous posting forums.
  • While this community is designed for Cisco customers and prospective customers, we realize people with other relationships to Cisco will be visiting and asking questions. It really helps our experts and other users out to understand more about who you are to understand the perspective from which you are asking questions and providing feedback.
  • Also, I personally think it is only fair for people who post negative comments to take accountability for them :-)

So I encourage all of you to log in or sign your name to each post (and there are a lot of benefits to logging into the community .. see list below at end of post):

• If you are a Cisco customers and partners with a cisco.com id/psw then please take < 10 seconds to log in before you post. Just click on the 'Login" at the top right of every community page. See logged-in benefits below.
  • If you who don't have a cisco.com id/psw, I encourage you to get one and enjoy the logged-in benefits listed below: https://tools.cisco.com/RPF/register/register.do.
  • At minimum, if you don't log in then sign your name and identify your relationship to Cisco ... such as: customer, prospective customer, partner, student, analyst, press, etc ... and, if you feel comfortable, your company.  You won't get the benefits below, but it helps us and others understand your perspective.

Some key benefits of logging into the community:

• You help make this a vibrant, useful community
  • Each of your posts, is linked back to your profile where you can easily see/access what you've posted and activity on those posts
  • By default, every time you post you get an email notification when someone comments on your post  (note: if you don't want this you can also turn this off in your profile)
  • In your profile, you can set up flexible email notification options so you can set up (or remove) email notifications by post, by user, by space.
  • By completing your profile to the level you feel comfortable (picture, information, recommend avator=your picture) and setting access permissions so anyone/friends/logged in (your choice) people can view, you become part of a community and open yourself up for valuable connections with your peers and Cisco/industry experts.
  • You can also "friend" people to build up a network of connections, and private message those friends and watch their activity.

Ok, so my response is a bit long winded (understatement!), but I feel passionate about this community and want to make it the best it can be .. but need your help to make that happen.

Comments welcome, as always!

Laura Douglas

Cisco Collaboration Community Manager

Great work Mark.  If we took great abuse from our customers, I can cenrtainly empathise with how much you got.  Great that it's out now.  Congtatulations!

--Alex

Hi All,

Does someone have the features included ?

I tested the beta version I would appreciate a call stats info

Is there a way to trigger anyconnect at application startup ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNRL9sSuQCw

Regards

Philippe

Hi Philippe,

The datasheet is available on the Jabber for iPad page on cisco.com: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12430/index.html. You can take a look at the features there.

The AnyConnect configuration will involve some setup on both the admin and end-user side, and we have or will have all the necessary documentation. And there will be some new VPN alternatives with iOS 6.

To answer your question, I believe that in the first release of Jabber for iPad, the status of AnyConnect will be determined by your network connection and not by the state of Jabber.

Keep your eye out for Jabber in the App Store. We're all eager to see it become available any day now.

Thanks,

Mark

Collaboration Marketing

Curious where you got that beta?

Just wanted to let you know that the Jabber for IPad app has posted to the ITunes Store-

Link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-jabber-for-ipad/id540243083?mt=8

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: