cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why my Jabber 9.2.3 Sign in like Cisco UC Integration(TM) for Microsoft Lync?

jianjiang
Level 1
Level 1

After I uninstall Cisco UC Integration(TM) for Microsoft Lync 8.6 from my computer and reinstall Cisco Jabber 9.2(3), I found my Jabber got the same interface of sign in with Cisco UC Integration(TM) for Microsoft Lync. it let me input the TFTP,CTI,CCMCIP server adress, instead of choosing the presence server and inputing the presence server address and domain.

after I sign in, it is aslo like Cisco UC Integration(TM) for Microsoft Lync, there is not the side button of contacts list, I can only search the person to call and can not send message or chat any more.

I tried many times to uninstall and reinstall Jabber,i failed, except I install Jabber 9.1(3), it works well. but I try to reinstall 9.2(3) again, it goes back like Cisco UC Integration(TM) for Microsoft Lync,why?

Thx.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skomazec
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You probably had CUCILync 9.2 installed previosly, and since CUCILync 9.2 is based on Jabber phone mode, the interfaces are the same. (You have Jabber phone mode nterface now)

These settings are written in jabber-boostrap.properties file and Jabber reads them from here.

That file is stored here:

C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber

If you delete thise file, interface should change.

If you want to install Jabber and avoid such things, do this with option clear=1

- msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 ...

Regards,

Srdjan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

skomazec
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You probably had CUCILync 9.2 installed previosly, and since CUCILync 9.2 is based on Jabber phone mode, the interfaces are the same. (You have Jabber phone mode nterface now)

These settings are written in jabber-boostrap.properties file and Jabber reads them from here.

That file is stored here:

C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber

If you delete thise file, interface should change.

If you want to install Jabber and avoid such things, do this with option clear=1

- msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 ...

Regards,

Srdjan

hi

thank you. I succeeded.

may I ask you another question?

why in my CUCILync 9.2 I do not have the side button of Contacts list?

There should not be Contact list button in CUCILync. Contacts are used from Lync.