cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Your Office configuration is corrupt. Reinstall Cisco Jabber to restore Office Integration - Error code: CJ:1000:101

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I've just installed the offically release of J4W 9.2 build 496 on a few clients. When the Jabber clients starts, we are seeing a error message in the yellow triangle.

"Your Office configuration is corrupt. Reinstall Cisco Jabber to restore Office Integration" Error code: CJ:1000:101

However, the integration is still working, but its annoying for the users. Its seem only affects users without admin privileges.

Any fix for this? Reinstall of Jabber or a restart of the computer dosen't fix it.

Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit.

Office 2010 32 bit.

PRT file is attached.

Best regards

K.

64 Replies 64

Scott Alchin wrote:

Leslie, if you imported the key from another user it is in all liklihood be because you still cannot write to the registry. The workaround from Cisco is to import the following data into your registry.

As a test copy all the text in italics below and paste it into notepad. Save the file as Jabber.reg. Double click on the Jabber.reg file (You can right click on the file and seelect Merge). Click OK on any message to allow the merge to continue. You need to exit out of Jabber before doing this. If you get an error when merging this data then you won't have sufficient rights to the registry hive. Can you let me know the results.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu]
"TagContact"=dword:00000000
"EnablePresence"="2"
"SetOnlineStatusLevel"="2"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\IM]
"EnablePresence"="2"

Yup - worked here. x86 Win7 and Ofice 2010.

This fix did not work for me.  I exited Jabber and Outlook, applied the registry changes with no errors, started Outlook, started Jabber and still get the alert.  We are using Jabber IM and phone integration.

Matt, I notice after Jabber runs it's also trying to create a 12.0 key under the office key with the same values as the 14.0 keys. Can you copy the italics into notepad and save it with a .reg extension and then merge it to see if it clears the message. It's only a workaround and doesn't guarantee success. If it fails again you may need to check the permissions of both the office 12.0 and 14.0 keys for your account because you need the rights to modify at the very minimum.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu]
"EnablePresence"="2"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\IM]
"EnablePresence"="2"

Why the app is trying to create keys without interrogating for the version of office installed is a mystery. We still run office 2003 (11.0) yet Jabber is creating office keys for both 2007 and 2010. It isn't looking to see if these versions of office are installed it's just creating these keys regardless. It's hard to blame Microsoft when Jabber is just creating keys without even interrogating the installed version. The developers may need to rethink how the application integrates because the key creation should be based on version installed and write the keys accordingly, not just create keys to cover the last two office suites.

The way it's configured at the moment, users require access to the registry to create modify keys under the policies directory for office 2007 and office 2010 whether they exist or not! If it really needs to create these keys then Cisco need to supply an ADM/ADMx because it's trying to modify keys controlled by Group Policy.

Let me know how it goes.

Leslie, if you imported the key from another user it is in all liklihood be because you still cannot write to the registry. The workaround from Cisco is to import the following data into your registry.

As a test copy all the text in italics below and paste it into notepad. Save the file as Jabber.reg. Double click on the Jabber.reg file (You can right click on the file and seelect Merge). Click OK on any message to allow the merge to continue. You need to exit out of Jabber before doing this. If you get an error when merging this data then you won't have sufficient rights to the registry hive. Can you let me know the results.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu]
"EnablePresence"="2"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\IM]
"EnablePresence"="2"

I used these settings on my clients and the error goes away. To publish these to all users I'm using Microsoft Group Policy Preferences to create the registry entries.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753092.aspx

Win 7 Pro 32-bit

Office 2010 32-bit

leslie-meade
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info.. I have passed it onto the Windows team to test..

I will get back to you asap

thanks for your help

I'm also experiencing the same problem. XP/Win7 and Office 2007 / 2010. Also Updating [HKEY_CURRENT_USER
doesn't work, you'll have go to the Registry HKEY_USER//... same path as above.

Hopefully there will be an update soon.

--C

When do we see a permanent fix for this?

Why was J4W 9.2 released with such a bug? The ver EAP Drop 2 version, did not have this issue.

I can't deploy 9.2 before we have a fix

/Kristian

I was able to fix this by fully exiting Jabber and MS Office apps, then right-clicking Jabber and selecting "Run as Administrator".  There was another error indicator telling me that it was fixing the Office Integration.  I fully exited Jabber and then on subsequent launches of Jabber (not as Administrator) it works just fine.  I have also noticed that Cisco Media Servies reports as not functioning unless Run as Administrator, though it does appear to work regardless.

I've found another issue I'd suggest is a bug. If you have a communiuty or 'shared resource' PC that multiple users can access using the same login) then you have an issue if you're using Jabber because the Outlook calendar sync feature of Jabber will sync with the account logged into the local PC, not the account logged into Jabber.

For some this may not be an issue but we have library staff that use shared consoles when they are serving at the front counter. They log into all their front counter (customer facing) workstations using a generic login, not their own login. Sadly if you are logged into one of these workstations with a generic login, e.g. LIBRARYUSER and then log into Jabber with your normal company logon, e.g. COMPANYUSER then Jabber won't give you the calendar for COMPANYUSER, instead it sync's with the calendar of the account logged onto the workstation, e.g. LIBRARYUSER, when really it should be sync'd with your AD Exchange mailbox. Poor, very poor.

I would have thought that part of the PRESENCE configuration would be for the Jabber client to sync the account authenticated to Presence with their Exchange account. LDAP anyone.....

As for the error, if you aren't using office 2007 or 2010 and unless Cisco say otherwise then the 12.0 and 14.0 registry keys under HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office are basically redundant. I modified our deployment package so that the 12.0 and 14.0 keys do not get deployed. I've done this in the MST for a test and don't get any issues. The initial error is still there but then it is gone the next time you authenticate.

P.S. Running Procmon shows a lot of Access Denied errors trying to enumerate driver sets (HKLM) when you log into Jabber.

Hi Scott,

Would you be able clarify which registry keys you adjusted in your MST?  I dropped the 2 keys that referenced HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\OfficeBut I still have the issue.  In our case, the user simply does not have rights to write any values to those registry keys.  I gave myself local admin rights and changed the permissions on the keys with full control, and it worked.  But that solution does not work for us.  If you can clarify what you specified in your MST it would be of great help.

Thank you

Christian Corriveau

Scott_A_A
Level 1
Level 1

Christian, we are using Outlook 2003. For 2003 there are two sets of these keys in the user hive that you can delete in the mst.

1. HKCU\Software\Policies\Office

2. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office

You can delete these in Wise under 'Installation Expert' or else you can delete all entries via Setup Editor. Once this is done it will remove the entries for these registry keys from the Components table as well. You could do the same via Orca. This will not delete them from the msi so don't panic.

After installing Jabber using the updated mst there are no entries for 12.0 or 14.0 created in the registry. I tested this with Outlook and the calendar sync still works for us.

The keys to be deleted will depend on the version of office you are using. Test it first to confirm everything is working before deploying.

Hi Guys,

What is the proper Fix? there are 2000 users at customer site and we cannot change the registery one by one.

Opened a TAC case.

Thanks,

Hamed

Hamed,

We are all still waiting on a fix from Cisco. All they have provided is a workaround which is to deploy the registry keys they provided. We've downloaded the latest iteration of Jabber (version 9.2.1) and it is still doing the same thing. How you deploy these keys depends on the deployment method that you use in your organisation, e.g Novell, SCCM. We currently use Novell so it's easy enough to push out a NAL fix but that is only covering up a packaging fault created by Cisco and it doesn't guarantee other errors that may appear. The best method Iv'e found thus far is to repackage the applicaiton to delete the 12.0 and 14.0 registry keys in the .MST so they don't get created on install.

I have asked Cisco to either provide an ADM/ADMx so this can be controlled via GPO or to rethink the strategy of creating keys in this location but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. If your environment uses GPO Preferences then you could use that. Were still on XP and Server 2003 so we don't use Preferences. Other than that you may need to push out a global script to modify the permissions on the HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office key so that it allows the app to write to this location. That's a big overhead and extra work that we shouldn't have to do.

If our organisation doesn't accept the application showing errors on first-run then we will not roll the software out fullstop.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply.

TAC just sent me a key and said ro me that I can use GP tochange the registery on all machines.Is it doable?

not good in microsoft!

Thanks,

Hamed Monfared

I just used Scott's method with Orca. It worked!!

Thanks Scott.

Best regards

Kristian