cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Your Office configuration is corrupt. Reinstall Cisco Jabber to restore Office Integration - Error code: CJ:1000:101

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I've just installed the offically release of J4W 9.2 build 496 on a few clients. When the Jabber clients starts, we are seeing a error message in the yellow triangle.

"Your Office configuration is corrupt. Reinstall Cisco Jabber to restore Office Integration" Error code: CJ:1000:101

However, the integration is still working, but its annoying for the users. Its seem only affects users without admin privileges.

Any fix for this? Reinstall of Jabber or a restart of the computer dosen't fix it.

Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit.

Office 2010 32 bit.

PRT file is attached.

Best regards

K.

64 Replies 64

Hamed,

Cisco are correct in saying this can be cotrolled using Group Policy either by using Group Policy Preferences or a Group Policy Administrative Template (ADM), but there is a little problem with that. If your organisation does not use Group Policy Preferences then you will need a an ADM, or ADMx (depending on what server level you are at), to set this policy. Thus far Cisco have failed to provide and ADM for Jabber which means your organisation would need to create a custom ADM. These aren't all that difficult to create but many organisations, such as mine, do not approve the use of custom ADM's so this leaves you back where you started.

All Cisco needed to do was accept they created an issue that they should have addressed. To do this they could either remove the creation of registry keys under the Policy key in the user registry hive and redirect them to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office or provide an ADM to set Group Policy. Instead they have relied on the fact that many organisations currently use GPO's to controll MS Office so they thought they could piggy-back that policy to allow the key creation. The problem with that is that a user will only have rights under the Policy key for the software that is being controlled via the policy set. If they have office 2007 then this would be HKCU\Software\Policy\Microsoft\Office\12.0 and for office 2010 this would be HKCU\Software\Policy\Microsoft\Office\14.0. The major problem is that both sets of keys get created during the authentication process when logging on to Jabber and this shouldn't happen! As the user will only have one version of office then they they will only have rights to the location under the Policy key for that version of office. This means that as soon as Jabber tried to create the other set of keys it will error.

In the end I created a new .mst and removed the 12.0 and 14.0 keys from the install because we are still using office 2003. This stops Jabber trying to create these keys on first run.

darecev01
Level 1
Level 1

For Jabber 9.2.1 (606) on Windows 7 (32/64) or Win XP (32) with Office 2010(32):

I determined that precreating the following HKCU registry values for each user will suppress this warning.  I know it's bad practice for any application install to directly modify the HKCU\Software\Policies keys.  The Jabber install not only modifies these keys but it expects them to exist or it generates this warning.

"HKCU\Software\IM Providers","DefaultIMApp","REG_SZ", "Cisco Jabber"

"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_SCRIPTURL_MITIGATION","CiscoJabber.exe","REG_DWORD", "1"

"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu","SetOnlineStatusLevel","REG_DWORD", "2"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu","EnablePresence","REG_DWORD", "2"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu","Enabled","REG_DWORD", "1"

"HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu","TagContact","REG_DWORD", "0"

"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu","SetOnlineStatusLevel","REG_DWORD", "2"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu","EnablePresence","REG_DWORD", "2"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu","Enabled","REG_DWORD", "1"

"HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu","TagContact","REG_DWORD", "0"

If you are going to manually create the HKCU RUN key for each user in order to automatically launch Jabber, make sure to enclose the value in quotes or this warning will return. Also set the Start_Client_On_Start_OS value to TRUE in "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\jabber-config-defaults.xml" or the cooresponding box in the options menu will not appear checked.

"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","Cisco Jabber","REG_SZ","C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\CiscoJabber.exe"      

where Program Files = Program Files (x86) on 64 bit Windows or Program Files otherwise.

Hmm when will we see a fix for this? It's not even mentioned in 9.2.1 for open chevats.

I think I will take a closer look at MS Lync 2013.

/Kristian 

Hmm when will we see a fix for this? It's not even mentioned in 9.2.1 for open chevats.

Yeah that worries me too.

All those workarounds are kludges.

Dave, we were asked to have Jabber auto launch but this didn't happen. There is already an option for the user to configure this if they want. Automating this will only create more potential for something to go wrong and knowing Jabber it will go wrong!

If anyone is going down the path of adding the Current User registry keys into the mst to stop the error warnings then you really should configure Active Setup just in case another user logs onto that PC. Otherwise those keys won't exist and the error will reappear. (That is if that user has never used Jabber before). I'm packaging for both XP and WIN7 and I've included the keys for the WIN7 package just as a test and everything works without errors.

I had just finished packaging 9.1.1, (which was supposed to have resolved the errors and didn't), and then heard last Friday that 9.2.2 is set to be released. Cisco really need a good boot up the you know where for this. Large organisations cannot spend or waste copius amounts of time repackaging and then retesting only to find out that they have to do it all over again because the vendor can't get their software right.

What this guy above me says. This bug is currently foo barring my PoC. I've got half my Jabber users clamouring to go back to Lync right now.

Please fix this soon! It's been acknowledged a month now with no updates! This is a MAJOR issue, not a P3.

Agree with the hog,  this is MAJOR and it's blocking our rollout and with that, holding up our entire schedule of the SW's dependencies ie: Softphone rollout and WebEx interoperability.

Again, to the developers, we are not one here, one there, our firm has over 2500 users which are waiting for Jabber. I'm sure we're small in comparison to some of the others in this post.

Fix this ASAP.

Incidentally I tried checking the keys Dave mentioned above with no luck. This also isnt affecting all users, only some.

This is incredibly frustrating!

I'm glad I am not the only one experiencing this! My company is in between choosing Lync or Jabber. Jabber is not looking so good right now. Cisco needs to hurry up and fix this issue. I opened a TAC case and none of the workarounds worked for me, than got told I need to wait for 9.2.2 release. We have over 5000 users and we want to deploy a stable version. Hurry up!

Guys, I'd open as many TAC cases as possible because it appears that Cisco aren't even responding on this thread anymore. Waiting for 9.2.2 isn't guaranteed to resolve the issue either. 9.2.1 was supposed to address this and it didn't so don't hold your breath waiting for the latest release to fix it.

As I said originally, if vendors are going to write to the Policies key then for god's sake provide and ADM/ADMx. Is it really asking too much, really?

I don't get why they even do that. It's like caching stuff in the local profile. That one kept me going for a week or two on our Citrix XenDesktop environment. In XD the spun up machines are wiped daily, causing the cached information including the chatlogs to disappear

Hi Guys

That this defect made it into Jabber 9.2 was a miss and based on a RCA for the issue the team have put measures in place to avoid defects like this in future.

The defect is tracked by CSCug43138    Office configuration is corrupt error message displays on login.

and is Resolved and Verified in Jabber 9.2.2. 9.2.2 will be available in the EAP forum for test next week.

Are you in a position to test and confirm that the issue is resolved in 9.2.2? If so you can provide feedback directly to me  by email at brianqu@cisco.com

Thanks for your patience and feedback.

Brian Q.

Brian,

Jabber 9.2.2 is available now or not yet ?

Thanks,

Wael

didnt see it on the Cisco download site this morning (MET +1) and I am checking everyday.

Jabber for Windows 9.2(2) is planned to be released on CCO on June 13th.

Nebojsa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: