Did you mean: 
cancel

!080P cam HDSDI

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: henry kyburg on 28-04-2010 06:23:36 PM
I am finding video drops on the HDSDI outputs of the 1080P Cameras. I have 3 C90s, 4 1080P Cameras, in 3 different installations. All 4 cameras exhibit this failure. I am using properly rated RG6 and compression BNC connectors.
The wire we are using is Liberty part # 18-CMP-VID-COAX-WHT (Liberty
SDI COAX RG6 HD CMP) The connectors are Liberty part # FS6BNCU.
The video drop outs are about .5 seconds in duration and occur randomly, about 4 or 5 times per hour. All 4 of my 1080P cameras are doing it.
What could cause a drop out like this?

Subject: RE: !080P cam HDSDI
Replied by: Jonas Tysso on 29-04-2010 12:22:52 PM
Hi Henry

What cable lengths do you use? The cable length should be between 3-100 m (10-330 feet). Have you only experienced this with your custom made cables?

Best Regards,

Jonas

Additional comments and questions:

- What HW revision does your 1080p cameras have (marked on label underneath the 1 camera) ?
- What SW versions are you running, cameras and codecs?

As far as I can see from the techical specifications,  your cables and connectors are OK. Poor cable quality and/or cable lenghts outside the recommended range could cause the kind of drops you experience.

Regards,

Jonas

Replied by: henry kyburg on 27-05-2010 12:42:47 AM
I am seeing these drop outs in 3 locations using 3 C90 (v 3.0) and 4 cameras. The HDSDI cable lengths are 80', 40', 25' and 3'.
It is only happening with custom made cables.
The wire and connectors are spec'ed by Liberty for use with HDSDI signals.

Replied by: Jonas Tysso on 27-05-2010 01:39:23 PM
henry ely kyburg:
I am seeing these drop outs in 3 locations using 3 C90 (v 3.0) and 4 cameras.

Just to be sure: Your camera HW revision number (marked underneath the Precision HD 1080p) is rev 3?

Jonas

Replied by: henry kyburg on 15-07-2010 04:54:31 PM
Oh HARDWARE rev!
The sticker says Rev:3

Replied by: henry kyburg on 30-07-2010 04:10:47 AM
This has been going on for 6 months now.
I have been bugging TAC, emailing my contacts at Tandberg, haunting this forum and no word is bad word.
I have 4 different C90/1080p cameras exhibiting this behavior in 4 different rooms, many different lengths of properly specified HDSDI cable. All camera firmware and C90 software is current. I have communicated all this info many times to many people in the past 6 months.
Please respond. Please work on this. This is a giant problem for the UCSF Kidney Transplant Center, Center for Orthopaedic Surgery, and for our flagship smart classrooms. At least tell me that engineers are working on it.
Thanks,
H

Replied by: Jonas Tysso on 04-08-2010 10:27:34 AM
Hi Henry,

Sorry for late reply.

I understand that this is a important issue and I can assure you that we are working hard to find the reason to why this is happening as well as a solution to your problem.  I will let you know as soon as we have news on this issue. Do you have an email I can reach you on?

Regards

Jonas

Replied by: henry kyburg on 12-08-2010 06:40:46 PM
Thanks Jonas.
I got your email.
We recently bought 2 more C90 packages and the 1080P cameras are Version 4.
..possibly of interest---So far (several hours of viewing) I have not seen the video drop out on the new hardware version 4 1080P camera.

Replied by: Larry Todaro on 19-07-2011 05:49:45 PM
Was a resolution ever reached on this?  I am seeing the same thing with 5 cameras connected via HDMI to 5 different C40 codecs.

Replied by: Larry Todaro on 08-08-2011 03:25:19 PM
Do people actually read this forum?   I am seeing this same issue with 5 cameras, all hardware REV 3.   Please someone respond to me!!!    Has a resolution for this issue been found??   If so, what is the resolution?  If not, at least state that so I can start looking in other places for the answer.   We have a client who is very upset and would like this issue resolved!!   Please someone at least acknowledge that they've read my post!

Replied by: Roger Boe on 08-08-2011 04:52:06 PM
Hi Larry,

You may be referring to this known issue that was fixed in TC4.2. From the release notes:
--
Fixed an issue causing the camera to be unstable for scenes with extreme high- frequency content. When this happened the video output of the camera became black for a few seconds.
--

Other then this there is no other known issues with the HDMI output of the camera. If this is the issue you are experiencing you must upgrade to TC4.2 and let the codec upgrade the camera to ID40069. Please note that the codec will only upgrade a camera directly attached to it.

Best regards
Roger
This widget could not be displayed.