Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Asher Schweigart on 09-10-2012 07:01:46 PM
Does anyone know if version 9.0 will be available in 64 bit (with 64bit java)? 

Subject: Re: New Message from Asher Schweigart in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - New
Replied by: Janine Graves on 10-10-2012 03:59:42 AM
I think that's the whole point of 9.0, that it's 64 bit. Are you asking
about any specific component?

Subject: RE: New Message from Janine Graves in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - New Fea
Replied by: Asher Schweigart on 10-10-2012 10:24:26 AM
Mostly about the version of java used in studio. I’d like to be able to give call studio more memory, but it won’t start if I give it more than about 1.5gb, which from what I’ve read and heard is because java is 32 bit

Subject: RE: New Message from Matthew Reiter in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - New Fe
Replied by: Asher Schweigart on 10-10-2012 10:28:26 AM
The memory requirements may not be high, but I think it needs more.
I have frequent issues with call studio running out of heap space or permgen space. I’ve increased the heap space to –Xmx1536M, but it won’t start if I go higher than that, and it won’t accept a permgen memory setting.

Subject: RE: New Message from Asher Schweigart in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - New
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 10-10-2012 10:47:26 AM
My experience is that you cannot have too many of other apps running.  If I were to open more than certain no of  apps then it is very likely that studio will crash.
I use the following setting in eclipse.ini and it mostly works well for me: (with 2GB RAM)
-vmargs -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
It will work better with 4GB of RAM instead of 2GB.
Hemal
From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:28 AM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Asher Schweigart in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - New Feature Discussion: RE: New Message from Matthew Reiter in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - New Fe

Asher Schweigart has created a new message in the forum "New Feature Discussion": -------------------------------------------------------------- The memory requirements may not be high, but I think it needs more.
I have frequent issues with call studio running out of heap space or permgen space. I’ve increased the heap space to –Xmx1536M, but it won’t start if I go higher than that, and it won’t accept a permgen memory setting.
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/7487181 or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: New Message from Matthew Reiter in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - New Fe
Replied by: Asher Schweigart on 10-10-2012 11:02:26 AM
Yes, that works. Thanks! I tried previously with -XX:MaxPermSize=256m.
Your method works, although I will note for anyone else reading this that it has to be placed before –vmargs.
Do you know if this is the correct way to set the heap memory for Call studio, or are these settings being ignored?

-vmargs
-Xms245m
-Xmx1024m

I know that is the correct way normally, but it would appear that call studio works differently than other versions of eclipse, since the permgen memory setting is different than normal.

Subject: RE: New Message from Hemal Mehta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - New Featu
Replied by: Asher Schweigart on 10-10-2012 11:04:26 AM
We run a VM for call studio, and I only have a text editor and a command prompt running normally. Currently the VM has 6gb of memory.
We are running Windows 7; is that what most people run, or should we be running server 2008/2003?

Subject: RE: New Message from Asher Schweigart in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - New
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 10-10-2012 11:07:26 AM
No you do not need to necessarily run 2008/2003.  One of my studio runs on XP and it works just fine.  It is just based on eclipse and will work well with the base eclipse version.  You have plenty of memory, you should be good.
Hemal

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:04 AM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Asher Schweigart in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - New Feature Discussion: RE: New Message from Hemal Mehta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - New Featu

Asher Schweigart has created a new message in the forum "New Feature Discussion": -------------------------------------------------------------- We run a VM for call studio, and I only have a text editor and a command prompt running normally. Currently the VM has 6gb of memory.
We are running Windows 7; is that what most people run, or should we be running server 2008/2003?
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/7487322 or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Asher Schweigart in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) -
Replied by: Matthew Reiter on 10-10-2012 10:15:59 AM
CVP 9.0 uses a 32-bit JVM on 64-bit Windows. The memory requirements are not yet high enough to warrant using a 64-bit JVM. For what it's worth, the point of CVP 9.0 was to run on the same version of Windows as CCE (64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2).

Replied by: Matthew Reiter on 10-10-2012 10:36:13 AM
Have you tried specifying the following in eclipse.ini? It should increase the permgen space.
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256m

Replied by: Matthew Reiter on 10-10-2012 11:06:01 AM
Call Studio currently is based on Eclipse 3.2.2, so it uses whatever format was used as of that version of Eclipse.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links