Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: David Requena on 24-09-2013 03:29:11 AM
Hi All,

My super provider application is working allright with all Terminals execpt for this one, which is failing with a PlatformException (Terminal is restricted).
Both Device and Directory Number have Allow Control from CTI flag enabled at CUCM Administration. What else could be causing this Terminal going into the restricted list?

Does maybe the Key Expansion Module have a separate configuration at CUCM Administration that I could address my customer to check for the CTI control flag? Something else?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
Oh, sorry, this is on CUCM 8.6(2) with this same CUCM served jtapi.jar

Subject: RE: 9951 + KEM Terminal restricted in super provider mode
Replied by: Mohan Potluri on 24-09-2013 12:11:12 PM
Add 'Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf'  role to the user and retry. Let us know if it fixes the issue.

Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 24-09-2013 04:26:42 PM
Devices that support connected Transfer/Conferencecan only be controlled if the application user is associated with user group "Standard Supports Connected Xfer/Conf"
And for devices that allow rollover can be controlled if the application user is associated with user group " CTI Allow Control of phones supporting rollover mode" 

Please refer the JTAPI developer guide for more details.

Replied by: David Requena on 25-09-2013 05:14:05 AM
Thanks for the pointers Mohan and Abhishek.
I've directed my customer to add those roles. Will report later.

Replied by: David Requena on 25-09-2013 07:00:38 AM
That was it!
I mark Abhishek's reply as answer because both roles were needed in this situation.

Many thanks!

Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 25-09-2013 07:08:52 AM
David Requena:
That was it!
I mark Abhishek's reply as answer because both roles were needed in this situation.

Many thanks!

Please be aware that associating these user groups also means that JTAPI expects the application to handle the new features and their respective events gracefully. So if call rollsover or if Phone is involved in Connected Transfer or Conferencer and application doesnt handle those scenarios(and events) correctly then they could end up showing wrong call details or might end up showing a stuck call in their application. So, its important that these user roles are associated with only those applications whch can handled rollover and connected transfer/conference features(and events) unless you ensure that these feature interactions wont be done on the associated phones(in case you want to control the phones but can't handle these features and associated jtapi events).
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links