Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Chikeobi Njaka on 15-06-2013 05:15:10 PM
Dear Gang;
Are there any sample code for this feature (CiscoTerminalConnection.addMediaStream(...). The documents say that to use this feature:
  • create a DN with auto-answer capability
  • use the DN in the method call
  • create a separate thread that will play audio to the DN
Since JTAPI blocks on addMediaStream, the assumption is that an observer will be placed on the DN. My question is how the DN is associated with the original "agent" device. Should I add that DN as a line to the agent device? With this kind of setup, one would not want that DN to show up as a line that the agent might use since its only function is to act as a conduit for the media stream.

After the configuration of the DN, how do we get the IP address and port to send RTP stream to. Since this is an agents phone, I imagine the address and port are not dynamically assigned like a route point/CTI port.

Thanks.

Subject: RE: addMediaStream
Replied by: David Staudt on 17-06-2013 12:59:00 PM
The DN mentioned will be the address of a service that is playing the pre-recorded greeting on demand.  In practice this is typically a CTI port under control of the application (with the caveat that it needs to be observed via a separate thread)  It's also possible the DN could be another IVR-type application, but note that their is no media sent from the agent phone towards the greeting service (this can cause a problem for some dedicated IVR systems, like Cisco IVR.)  The greeting service needs to quickly answer the call and play the agent's personal greeting, then end its call.  The phone will mix-in the audio from this simultaneous greeting call.
Some of the feature description text gets a bit confusing regarding what process can/should observe what address, but I think the main point is that the DN that provides the agent greeting may not necessarily need to be fully observed/controlled by the app, since info/events obtained from observing the agent should be sufficient to implement the greeting stream.

Subject: RE: addMediaStream
Replied by: Chikeobi Njaka on 17-06-2013 03:44:18 PM
David Staudt:
The DN mentioned will be the address of a service that is playing the pre-recorded greeting on demand.  In practice this is typically a CTI port under control of the application (with the caveat that it needs to be observed via a separate thread)  It's also possible the DN could be another IVR-type application, but note that their is no media sent from the agent phone towards the greeting service (this can cause a problem for some dedicated IVR systems, like Cisco IVR.)  The greeting service needs to quickly answer the call and play the agent's personal greeting, then end its call.  The phone will mix-in the audio from this simultaneous greeting call.
Some of the feature description text gets a bit confusing regarding what process can/should observe what address, but I think the main point is that the DN that provides the agent greeting may not necessarily need to be fully observed/controlled by the app, since info/events obtained from observing the agent should be sufficient to implement the greeting stream.
Thanks David. Answered the question for me.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links