cancel

Adjusting camera movement speed on a MXP

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Bob Fitzgerald on 25-08-2010 12:21:13 AM
Hey there everyone!

I had a question posed to me about adjusting the speed at which the camera moves when sending CameraMove commands from a Crestron.  I couldn't find any way to adjust it.  What they are dealing with is a Sony camera connected to a 3000MXP, and sending commands from a Crestron controller through the 3000MXP.

I saw the CameraTracking Speed command, but that doesn't affect the CameraMove command... or does it?

Any guidance is appreciated.  Is it even possible to modify the camera movement speed on a MXP?
Thanks!

Subject: RE: Adjusting camera movement speed on a MXP
Replied by: Bob Fitzgerald on 27-08-2010 06:28:06 AM
Should I take that as a "No"?   

Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 27-08-2010 10:35:12 AM
Hi Bob,
sorry for the delayed answer - I've been trying to get hold of the right persons to get a good answer. And the answer is, yes, if you know your Visca Protocol:

1camera-cmd ?
3usage: camera-cmd <comportid> <command>

It is not possible to modify the speed by using the standard CameraMove command unfortunately.

The CameraTracking Speed is for configuring the latency of camera starting to move when you have set the camera to track for loudest speaker in room.

David

Replied by: Bob Fitzgerald on 27-08-2010 08:34:43 PM
Hi David,

Thank you for the reply.  I didn't think the MXP API had that functionality, thank you for confirming that.  For the Visca commands, they would need to have the camera connected to the Crestron, not the MXP, correct?  You can't send the Visca commands through the codec can you?

Thanks again!