cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Agents stuck in hold state and desktop becomes disabled.

Views
Helpful
Comments

Subject: RE: Agents stuck in hold state and desktop becomes disabled.
Replied by: David Lender on 03-11-2009 06:24:46 PM
Did they base their outbound desktop on the .NET Cil combo desktop or the CTIOS Outbound desktop?  The BAStatus ECC variable has the status and the outbound buttons are enabled based on that.  Then there are the buttonenablement events for the call control buttons.  Are they using those events?  Have they tried using the CTIOS Outbound Desktop and see if they can duplicate the issue there?  If so, they should open a TAC case.
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Richard Rhinehart on 03-11-2009 06:09:06 PM
Hello,

I currently have a customer who is experiencing some wierdness with an outbound desktop implementation.  The desktop will work as desired for a while... time varying but eventually when the user hits the accept button to place the next call.  And the call gets bumped into a hold state.  The hold/release buttons become available but when they are pressed and exception is thrown. The user is unable to do anything but close out of the application.  Then the user logs back in and the entire desktop is disabled. It shows the desktop is connected however the agents status is in hold.

I've used the All agents monitoring tool and it shows that the call and agents are in a hold state.

The only way to fix the issue is to reset the agent in call manager. 

The error at the time of the event in the desktop logs:

CTIOSOutOptSSoftphone Thd(2216) CtiosSession::onEvent, (CallType:28 FailureCode:71 PeripheralErrorCode:10157 EnablementMask:0xbf000a UniqueObjectID:Call.5000.2130710838.6259 CallStatus:4 MessageID:eControlFailureConf ErrorMessage:IPCC Error [10157]Request denied because agent tried unsupported operation on reservation call.only operation supported for reservation call is connection connection clear. ICMEnterpriseUniqueID:icm.149325.1472 DeviceUniqueObjectID:device.5000.6259)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rick

Replied by: Richard Rhinehart on 03-11-2009 06:39:13 PM
Indeed they are using the outbound desktop combo ctios desktop.  The BAStatus's that come through in the log are DB and CB. 

Replied by: Richard Rhinehart on 03-11-2009 07:22:03 PM
They are working with a custom outbound version that I built based off the sample.  I made minor code changes.  I added screen pops on inbound and outbound calls.  I am working with them to see if they can use the sample outbound version to rule out any coding error on my part.  However my code modifications were very light.  I'm screen popping a web page.

Replied by: David Lender on 03-11-2009 06:51:41 PM
The sample shows disabling the BA buttons during a
Callback.  Did the custom code preserve this?  What modifications did they  make
to the Visual Basic Outbound desktop sample?  Does the same problem occur with
the sample? 

Replied by: David Lender on 03-11-2009 06:52:55 PM
If they are using an unmodified CTIOS Toolkit Outbound desktop then they should open a case with TAC to resolve this issue.

Replied by: David Lender on 04-11-2009 12:06:09 PM
First try to duplicate the problem using the Cisco product ie the CTIOS Outbound Desktop.  If it is reproduceable, open a TAC case.  If not, compare the changes you made to the source for the CTIOS Outbound Desktop.  If you still cannot determine the cause, open a SR with Developer Services to assist in analyzing the differences with the out of the box CTIOS Outbound Desktop.

Replied by: Richard Rhinehart on 11-11-2009 04:50:38 PM
David,

I was able to duplicate the issue with the Standard Outbound Agent Desktop.  I have since sent the logs to Cisco Tac and I am awaiting a solution.  I will update the thread with their response.

Thanks!

Replied by: Lili Williams on 28-07-2011 01:52:37 PM
David,

I was able to duplicate the issue with the Standard Outbound Agent Desktop.  I have since sent the logs to Cisco Tac and I am awaiting a solution.  I will update the thread with their response.

Thanks!

Hi Richard - we are experiencing a similar issue. Were you able to resolve your issue and if so would you be able to share it with me?

Replied by: David Lender on 28-07-2011 03:25:42 PM
Lili, if you have this issue with the Cisco Outbound Agent Desktop you might want to open a product support TAC case on the issue.
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here