Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Jayakrishnan Rajagopal on 22-03-2011 09:58:41 AM
Hi,
 I am new to the webex integraion. We are developing a LMS soultion where we integrate the Webex with our portal. Our portal plays mp4, wmv format videos. But Webex gives the .ARF file. So is there any API to convert the .ARF file to mp4 and publish it in our portal. I saw there is a NBR Player which can do the functionality. but it is a standalone process. We need this to automate our process.

Is there anyway i can do it by using any of your APIs. If API is not present now, will there be any in the future releases. To automate this process, is there anyway i can call the NBR player from the command line and give the options to open the file and transcode the file and then to save it an a defualt folder.

Please suggest me any help on this.

Thanks,
JK

Subject: RE: API to convert .ARF file to mp4
Replied by: Jayakrishnan Rajagopal on 23-03-2011 04:35:39 AM
Hi,
I got the messgae from webex support team for invoking thru command line.
C:\>"Program Files\WebEx\WebEx\500\nbrplay.exe" -Convert c:\testARFConvert\mp4.cfg

I am happy to get this..Still yet to test it. If i get any API driven along with supported jar, i would be more happy.

Thanks,
JK

Replied by: David O'Brien on 24-05-2011 09:36:39 PM
Hi,
I got the messgae from webex support team for invoking thru command line.
C:\>"Program Files\WebEx\WebEx\500\nbrplay.exe" -Convert c:\testARFConvert\mp4.cfg

I am happy to get this..Still yet to test it. If i get any API driven along with supported jar, i would be more happy.

Thanks,
JK

Hello,

I have tried this and it works well.

However I would like to be able to run multiple instances of nbrplay.exe.  The first instance starts up fine, but I cannot start a second instance while the first instance is still running.  Does anyone know if it is possible to run multiple instances?

Thanks

David.

Replied by: Jayakrishnan Rajagopal on 25-05-2011 06:11:39 AM
Hi David,
I beleive the multiple instance of runninga nbr player is not possible . rather, you need to queue the files that needs to get converted from arf to mp4/wmv.

Thanks,
JK

Replied by: Tom Nunamaker on 28-10-2011 01:33:45 PM
What is the syntax for converting an ARF to MP4 in windows via the command line?

When I try to convert with the nbrplay app in the GUI, I'm prompted to install a missing component.. after I enter my login credentials, the software throws a 104 error.

I have this working on my old server but I'm trying to setup a new server to do the MP4 conversions.

<rant>
Naturally, it goes without saying that we shouldn't have to do this type of nonsense.  The MP4/WMV/MOV (pick a format) file should be available to download without having to do all of this converting on our own.  Competitors have this ability to download an MP4 already.....
</rant>

Replied by: AH Kumar on 14-10-2013 09:11:04 PM
Hi JK,

Can you pls provide the actual sytax for converting the .arf file to MP4 format. 
Thanks,
AH

Replied by: Jayakrishnan Rajagopal on 15-10-2013 09:04:25 PM
AH Kumar:
Hi JK,

Can you pls provide the actual sytax for converting the .arf file to MP4 format. 
Thanks,
AH

Hi Kumar,
Are you trying to invoke this from command prompt. I have used below command to do that.

Thanks,
JK

Replied by: AH Kumar on 26-10-2013 08:21:24 PM
Jayakrishnan Rajagopal:
AH Kumar:
Hi JK,

Thanks,
AH

Hi Kumar,
Are you trying to invoke this from command prompt. I have used below command to do that.

Thanks,
JK
Thanks JK for the quick information. Can you please provide me a sample cfg file.

Thanks,
Kumar
Comments
mitchell360
Level 1
Level 1

What information needs to be in the mp4.cfg file?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links