Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Dipak Jadhav on 20-12-2012 11:55:31 PM
Hi,
 As per the reference guide , we need to submit WebEx userId, password, siteId and partnerId in security context.
We are storing this information in DB. Is there any othe way like passing login token or SSO  which we can use. I don't want to pass WebEx userId, password, siteId and partnerId in request to avoid security issue.

Subject: RE: Authentication in XML API
Replied by: Nathan Morrow on 21-12-2012 12:49:23 PM
XML API supports SAML SSO using AuthenticateUser with a SAML assertion in the body. This command will return a sessionTicket that is used instead of password for subsequent XML requests. You will still need the WebExID, site ID, and partner ID.

Replied by: Dipak Jadhav on 23-12-2012 11:17:39 PM
Nathan Morrow:
XML API supports SAML SSO using AuthenticateUser with a SAML assertion in the body. This command will return a sessionTicket that is used instead of password for subsequent XML requests. You will still need the WebExID, site ID, and partner ID.
Hi Nathan, Thanks for the reply. What should I have to give in ? I have attached my request and response. I am getting the errro  Please let me know if I have done any mistake. Do I need to invoke this API every time in my application or only once and then store the sessionTicket and use it for other API? Thanks, Dipak  

Replied by: Nathan Morrow on 02-01-2013 10:29:52 AM
Your SAML Response should be filled with a complete SAML assertion, the same that would be used to authenticate you on the WebEx page, preferably in BASE64 format. The resulting session ticket is good for multiple API requests, although it does expire after a period of time. Best practice would be to call AuthenticateUser at the beginning of each new session (any time user loads the page for the first time in a browser instance and has not recently used the page).
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links