Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Roland Russwurm on 03-02-2011 12:15:01 PM
Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible/recommended to also start and access the AXL service on a subscriber. I remember that I read somewhere a message telling me it is not recommended because AXL is used to update the database which is only possibly on the publisher.

Is this also valid if we strictly do only read access to query the CUCM DB without any updates?

It would help us a lot for improved availability of our application and I think it could also be good for CUCM performance if we would load balance read requests to different servers.

I have not found any best practices for this so I would be happy for any feedback.

Regards,
Roland

Subject: Re: New Message from Roland Russwurm in Administration XML (AXL) - Administ
Replied by: Sascha Monteiro on 03-02-2011 03:29:32 PM
yes, you can perform read-only operations on the subs axl,
but don't perform high load axl requests on an active call processing server

On 4/02/2011, at 4:15 AM, Cisco Developer Community Forums wrote:

> Roland Russwurm has created a new message in the forum "Administration XML Questions":
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,

> I'm wondering if it is possible/recommended to also start and access the AXL service on a subscriber. I remember that I read somewhere a message telling me it is not recommended because AXL is used to update the database which is only possibly on the publisher.

> Is this also valid if we strictly do only read access to query the CUCM DB without any updates?

> It would help us a lot for improved availability of our application and I think it could also be good for CUCM performance if we would load balance read requests to different servers.

> I have not found any best practices for this so I would be happy for any feedback.

> Regards,
> Roland
> --
> To respond to this post, please click the following link:
>
> <http://developer.cisco.com/web/axl/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/3012890>
>
> or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Roland Russwurm in Administration XML (AXL) - Admi
Replied by: Stefan Slominski on 04-02-2011 06:43:57 AM
running on CUCM version 8.0.3 you can access subs via AXL and send write-commands (tested with CFA).
works with pub running and with pub offline.

I don't know for sure but i think this is available since version 7 of CUCM

Subject: RE: AXL service on subscriber for readonly backup/load sharing
Replied by: Roland Russwurm on 11-02-2011 08:30:29 AM
Thanks for the response but actually I am happy with read only requests.

In my opinion write requests are always redirected to the publisher (even if accepted by the AXL interface on the subscriber) so it does not give you performance or availability advantages.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links