Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Heidi Tran on 14-09-2011 10:47:52 AM
Using IOS 12.4(24)T3, CVP 7.0(1), Nuance Recognizer 9
Have several audio elements and a form element.  The audio elements are mixed audio, one TTS and some say-it-smart recorded prompts.  After playing the TTS message, we are unable to barge in. To isolate the barge in issue, we noticed that if we remove the TTS message, barge in works fine.  The gateway logs and wireshark logs on NSS server do not show the barge in dtmf keys at all.  It is like the keys were simply ignored.  Has anyone ever encountered this before? 

Subject: RE: Barge in issue after playing a text to speech message
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 15-09-2011 08:13:18 PM
Try this after TTS element out another audio element with Silence audio and disable bargein there and then go to the TTS element and try to bargein . Tell me what happens. Not suggesting that this is a solution, Trying to check something here.

Replied by: Heidi Tran on 21-09-2011 09:52:48 AM
Thanks Hemal for the response.  However, adding the silence audio with bargein disabled didn't make a difference.  I was still unable to bargein after the TTS message played.

Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 21-09-2011 10:26:59 PM
Thanks Hemal for the response.  However, adding the silence audio with bargein disabled didn't make a difference.  I was still unable to bargein after the TTS message played.

For the silence audio do one thing. Do not use audio element, use menu 2 option  element with bargein enabled and silence audio. Also set noinput timeout to 1s. Try this and let me know. 

Is the TTS you are getting dynamic or static.  
If it does not work:
Also just for the sake of it can you put another static tts message before this audio with bargein enabled and let me know what happens. 

Do you have logs from the ASR ?

Replied by: Heidi Tran on 22-09-2011 10:54:05 AM
Hemal,
Adding the menu 2 option seemed to do the trick.  I am now able to bargein now after the TTS message plays.  However, there is STILL one section where I can't barge in.  See Audio element 3, the first say-it-smart currency.  I also tried adding a small silence before it, but it still didn't help.  Everywhere else it is now working fine after adding your menu suggestion.  This is alot better than before when I couldn't barge in at ALL after the TTS message.   

Here is the call-flow:
Audio element 1:
recorded audio
say-it-smart date
recorded audio

Audio element 2:
TTS message

Menu 2 option element (added per your suggestion)
recorded audio

Audio element 3:
say-it-smart currency
recorded audio
say-it-smart currency

Form element
recorded audio
voice and dtmf grammar

Yes I do have logs from ASR and have also collected wireshark logs on the NSS server.  We are unable to see the barge in attempts.  It is never sent.  I have sent to TAC and they are still investigating.

Thanks,

Subject: RE: New Message from Heidi Tran in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - All
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 22-09-2011 07:22:02 PM
That is good Heidi.  Just to check something here. Can you split one audio element3 into two ie

Audio element 3 or 2 option Menu as before
say-it-smart currency

Audio Element 4
recorded audio
say-it-smart currency

Let me know  what happens. You may not want to necessarily implement it this way if it works. However the buffer may not be getting cleared. Just want to check.

Hemal

Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:54 AM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Heidi Tran in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - All Versions: RE: Barge in issue after playing a text to speech message

Heidi Tran has created a new message in the forum "CVP - All Versions":

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hemal,
Adding the menu 2 option seemed to do the trick. I am now able to bargein now after the TTS message plays. However, there is STILL one section where I can't barge in. See Audio element 3, the first say-it-smart currency. I also tried adding a small silence before it, but it still didn't help. Everywhere else it is now working fine after adding your menu suggestion. This is alot better than before when I couldn't barge in at ALL after the TTS message.

Here is the call-flow:
Audio element 1:
recorded audio
say-it-smart date
recorded audio

Audio element 2:
TTS message

Menu 2 option element (added per your suggestion)
recorded audio

Audio element 3:
say-it-smart currency
recorded audio
say-it-smart currency

Form element
recorded audio
voice and dtmf grammar

Yes I do have logs from ASR and have also collected wireshark logs on the NSS server. We are unable to see the barge in attempts. It is never sent. I have sent to TAC and they are still investigating.

Thanks,
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link:

<http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/4526678>

or simply reply to this email.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links