Announcements
Walkthrough Wednesdays

Call Park Events

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Stefania Oliviero on 18-07-2013 07:26:21 AM
Hi David, I dn't find anymore my post related to call park events, so I post a new message about this issue.
You told me:
Currently 'cluster-wide' call park DNs cannot be monitored by CTI applications (this is roadmapped for an upcoming release.)  If these are not cluster-wide CP DNs, then note that apps can only monitor CP DNs which are instanced on the same node as the Callmanager/CTI-Manager service instances that the app connects to.
My application connets to a CUCM cluster with 3 nodes (first on node2, then node 3, then node1) to monitors IPPhones via CTI. Version is 8.6. Clusterwide callPark parameter is set to false.
IPPhones (all 7975) are registered hal f on Node2 and half on node 3 (both subscribers). I have to receive Call Park events.
Call Park numbers are registered all on Node 2. 
If I park a call on the phones registered on Node 2 I receive correctly the events and  parking/unparking repeatly the same call, works well.

If I park a call placed on a phone registered on Node 3, the first time I park the call, I receive correctly the events, if I unpark  and then park for the second time, park fails and the message is that no CP numbers are available.

My app is connected to Node 2, so I don't understand what 's the problem.
Any idea ?
Thanks.

Subject: RE: Call Park Events
Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 05-08-2013 04:15:11 AM

park fails and the message is that no CP numbers are available.

This indicates that there arent any free call park numbers to park the call.
How many call park numbers are created in node 3? Basically, when a call park number/range is created we need to aconfigure a call manager server(node) to it. Thus, every node has its own set of call park numbers/range.

I am guessing you might have more call park numbers in your node 2 and few in node 3. Is it the case?
Also, are there any partitions associated with your call park numbers, if so the device trying to park the call after unparking should have that partition in its CSS.

Replied by: Stefania Oliviero on 30-08-2013 10:30:11 AM
Thanks for your answer. There are about 500 Park numbers per node. Also CSS and partitions are corrects because only during the second attempt call parking fails and park number are not all busy.
But now it seems this problem doesn't occur anymore.

I have another question: I storecall parked in my system via an internal cache, so when I received that a call is parked I trace this on my cache and so on. So I can share call status on my Phone Console
But if my system fails or restart for any other reason, and I have to restore or retrievecall status, how can I retrieve calls that are in parked or unparked  in the meantime ?
This is a very critical problem, my clients asked me to solve this problem, but I'm not able to retrieve calls parked with provider.getCalls() methods...

I hope in your help.

Thanks, STefania.

Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 16-09-2013 08:02:59 AM
Stefania Oliviero:
I have another question: I storecall parked in my system via an internal cache, so when I received that a call is parked I trace this on my cache and so on. So I can share call status on my Phone Console
But if my system fails or restart for any other reason, and I have to restore or retrievecall status, how can I retrieve calls that are in parked or unparked  in the meantime ?
This is a very critical problem, my clients asked me to solve this problem, but I'm not able to retrieve calls parked with provider.getCalls() methods...
If you observe your Park Numbers, you should be able to do that. In order to do this, you need to associate your application user with group "standard cti allow call park monitoring"
When you observe park number and When a call is parked, JTAPI would show Queued connection for park number.
This should also be visible after application restart with snapshot events, and you should then also be able to see parked calls with provider.getCalls()

Replied by: Stefania Oliviero on 16-09-2013 08:39:23 AM
I already do that (application user with standard CTI allow call park monitoring . So during normal working I receive provider park events.. CUCM version is 8.6  and as far as I know, I can't  observe Park numbers, Park numbers isn't CTI Device, so I can't associate to an application user.
The problem is that provider.getCalls()  doesn't return parked calls, so if my application has to restart, I can't restore call status correctly.

Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 17-09-2013 07:43:18 AM
You dont have to add observer on park numbers specifically. You just need to assiciate "CTI Allow Call Park Monitoring" to your user.
Actually, I was thinking JTAPI sends out snapshot (existing call) events for Parked calls as well, but looks like I am wrong. Let's see if someone can confirm.

Replied by: Stefania Oliviero on 17-09-2013 08:06:38 AM
Thanks for your response.
My ApplicationUser has the "CTI Allow Call Park Monitoring" privilege and in the code we set: provider.registerFeature(CiscoProvFeatureID.MONITOR_CALLPARK_DN);
I never saw Queued Connection event and provider.getCalls() doesnt' return parked calls (both internal and external).

I'm using Call Park numbers, not Direct Call Park numbers. Is this the problem ?
Content for Community-Ad

This widget could not be displayed.