Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ross Fabricant on 03-01-2012 08:59:41 AM
I am trying to get the Callerinfo sample project working. It fails on the line

String[] numbers = theInfoServer.getActiveCallPartyNumbers(phoneName);

with:

java.lang.NullPointerException      com.cisco.ipphone.sdk.
CallerInfo.CallerInfoServer.getActiveCallPartyNumbers(CallerInfoServer.java:143)

phoneName is a string from the Device Name column in CUCM. I am initializing the  CallerInfoServer with our CUCS server IP address, and admin username and password.

While investigating I noticed a possible related issue. Calling
java makecall "ip_address" "admin" "password" 1 "dev1" "dev2"
gives:

Constructing actors
Caught exception com.cisco.jtapi.InvalidArgumentExceptionImpl: Address "dev1" is not in provider's domain.
Stopping actors

I'm running CUCM 8.5. I downloaded the JTAPI library through CUCM. I'm  running Callerinfo and makecall on a 64 bit Windows 2008 machine with Tomcat 6.0.
Any ideas?

Subject: RE: Callerinfo example failing
Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 03-01-2012 11:21:25 AM
I am trying to get the Callerinfo sample project working. It fails on the line

String[] numbers = theInfoServer.getActiveCallPartyNumbers(phoneName);

with:

java.lang.NullPointerException      com.cisco.ipphone.sdk.
CallerInfo.CallerInfoServer.getActiveCallPartyNumbers(CallerInfoServer.java:143)

This exception doesnt seem to be happening inside JTAPI SDK. SO, this may not be the right forum for this unless the exception stack points exception origin inside jtapi sdk. Can you please include complete exception stacktrace? 

java makecall "ip_address" "admin" "password" 1 "dev1" "dev2"
gives:

Constructing actors
Caught exception com.cisco.jtapi.InvalidArgumentExceptionImpl: Address "dev1" is not in provider's domain.

dev1 here should be the DN(Directory / Line number) from where you are trying to initiate call. This should be associated wit the user's (admin in your case) controlled device list. This can be done from Call Manager admin web pages.

Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 10-01-2012 12:09:27 PM
I think you should post this on IP Phone Services Developer Forum:
http://developer.cisco.com/web/ipps/forums

Replied by: Ross Fabricant on 10-01-2012 10:42:12 AM
Stacktrace:
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:521)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:430)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
com.cisco.ipphone.sdk.CallerInfo.CallerInfoServer.getActiveCallPartyNumbers(CallerInfoServer.java:143)
org.apache.jsp.callerinfo_jsp._jspService(callerinfo_jsp.java:151)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:388)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)

Replied by: David Staudt on 10-01-2012 06:06:53 PM
The makecall error will definitely need to be resolved before the JTAPI stuff int he IPPS SDK works.  The crucial step there is that the JTAPI credentials used must be of a UC Manager application user (or end user) who is associated to the device(s) that needs to be monitored/observed.  Also note that the user must have UC Manager role/permissions that allows the correct level of CTI control.  For testing purposes just give the user all permissions that start with 'Standard CTI...' - but do not give the 'secure connection' permission (unless you are implementing a secure connection.)  Also note that CTI control for individual devices can be enabled/disabled per device in the UC Manager phone configuration pages.

All these things considered, once the makecall sample is working for the devices in question, you can try the IPPS JTAPI helper classes.

Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 13-01-2012 12:20:58 PM

This make call error indicates you are passing "dev1" as parameter which should actually be a DN (Directory Number) from where you want to initiate call and this DN should be in user's control list with which you are running makeCall application.
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.