Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Wee Nam Yeoh on 19-09-2011 06:48:49 PM
I have a C40 codec that connected to a 12X PHD camera and daisy chain to a 4X PHD camera, it works when we power up the whole system, but the 4X camera lost the control next day. The only way to resume the control is to power off and on the 4X camera? What is the possible cause?

Subject: RE: Can 12X PHD camera daisy chain to a 4X PHD camera?
Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 20-09-2011 11:29:18 AM
Hi,
which firmware are you running on the codecs and what firmware versions are on the cameras?

You can check the camera firmware on the API by issuing the "xstatus Camera" command. In the cases where you loose control you can use the same command to see if the codec is still aware of all cameras or not. If not then you can try the "xCommand Camera ReconfigureCameraChain" command rather than cycle the power on the lost camera.

If the camera software on the daisy chained camera is older than the one connected directly to the codec then connect this camera directly to the codec temporarily and it should be updated with the latest firmware.

Cheers,
David

Replied by: Wee Nam Yeoh on 20-09-2011 07:16:24 PM
Thanks David,

Most of the documents I found regarding daisy chain of cameras are for 12X camera 1080p or 720p, no mentioned for 4X camera, what should I look for if I need to daisy chain between 12X and 4X? Can I have the 4X camera first then follow by 12X camera?

Thanks.

Replied by: David Houska on 14-10-2011 08:59:10 PM
Hi,
check this document page 7.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precisionhd_1080p-720p_camera_user_guide.pdf

The PrecisionHD 1080p 4X camera
Camera control
Camera control is used for controlling the pan, tilt and zoom,
and for powering up the camera.
Daisy-chain control is not supported. The camera can be
used in a chain of multiple cameras but must be the last
camera in the chain.

Regards,
David
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links