Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Marco Menozzi on 28-09-2011 06:01:35 AM
Hello team

I'm not an expert here so I apologize for any junior questions.

My customer use to provision phone configuration in advance for migrating several hundreds of phone everyday using AXL API messages from a thirdy party provisioning tool.

For every phone we need to also install LSC under the CAPF configuration to add "security" feature to the phone.

We discovered that any phone doesn't correctly install LSC when provisioned in such way and callmanager page show the error message: "Upgrade
Failed: User Initiated request late/Timedout".

This problem doesn't occur when the phone is added manually.

Partner is seeing that in the API the "Operation Completes By" is not set directly, since provisioning system wants to use system defaults.

Looking at AXL Interface Specification v7.1(2), on "upgradeFinishTime" I don't see any xml specifications or help/documentation. If we are wrong by sending it blank, could you provide us the correct string to specify?

Could this lack be the cause of the error we are seeing only when using AXL ?

Thanks in advance

regards

Marco

Subject: RE: CAPF error when provisioning Phone via AXL API
Replied by: David Staudt on 19-10-2011 04:45:16 PM
upgradeFinishTime does need to contain a valid value, or as you are seeing it will default to 'zero' origin date and always be expired.  It looks like the UCM admin pages automatically fill this in with a 10 day increment from the current date.  Applications can use the same 10 day default, or possibly specifiy a different value.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links