Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: marco.marotta.tecnolife.it (simulated) on 21-08-2012 10:48:27 AM
Hi all,

At the moment i do have a request from a customer to integrate a Java application with the Cisco infrastructure.

The Cisco infrastructure is made up:
TelePresence Server varsion 2.2
Telepresence Manamegent Suit: 13.2

I'm blocked on how to download the cdr files from the TPS.

Reading Cisco manuals I've found a couple of solutions with few questions:

1)      download the CDR using the API, referencing to the document:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/mcu/admin_guide/cisco_telepresence_infrastructure_cdr_reference_guide.pdf

a.      does exist an API of the TPS or TMS to download the CDR ?

b.      is possible to have an example of the CDR obtained by the use of the API ?

c.      because of I need only the data of a specific day ( i.e. yesterday ), is possible to filter the data contained in the CDR  retrived by the API ?

d.      at page 4/63 I see:
'...CDR logging is always enabled on the TelePresence Server and cannot be disabled. These devices
store the latest 2000 records only, discarding earlier records as necessary. They also do not write logs
to compact flash - they hold the records in memory.'
What do you mean as 'devices' ?
Do you confirm the older records are deleted from the downloaded CDR ? Like the FIFO algorithm.

e.      Does exist an attribute in the CDR file to determine if it is a Telepresence device with multiple screens or not

f.      Reading the CDR file downloaded using the web interface of the TPS, which is the meaning of the values of the attributes 'context' and 'position'
at the tag <stream> ?
Is possible to have a range of such values ?

g.      Which is the value of the tag endpoint_uri when one of the participants is an ISDN terminal ?
at page 20/63 I see:
'...Endpoint's SIP URI or H.323 ID.'
Do you confirm those 2 are the only possible values ?

2)      register my application as an Events listener:
referencing to the document
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/ts/api_guide/Cisco_TelePresence_Server_API_2-2_1-43.pdf)

a.      is possible to use the call cdrlog.enumerate to have the events of a specific date ?

b.      how is possible to register my Java application via the call feedbackReceiver.configure ?
Do I need to opne a Socket and leave it active all the time ?

c.      When the value of conference.status parameter is false does it mean the conference is ended ?

d.      If a participant is an ISDN terminal and the meeting is ended which is the value of the attribute callProtocol for the participant present in the participantList ?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links