Announcements

Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Changing wallpaper

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Rob Thornley on 03-04-2012 06:04:00 PM
Hi - this is my first posting on this forum so I hope it's in the right place.  Can you tell me if there is a way of programmatically changing the wallpaper/uploading a different wallpaper image to an end point - EX60 for example - without doing it through the web interface?

I'm trying to find a way of doing this from c#

thanks

Rob

Subject: RE: Changing wallpaper
Replied by: null on 04-04-2012 12:10:56 AM
There is an API command (xConfiguration Video WallPaper) to let you change to a custom wallpaper in version 5.0 and newer, but the assumption is that the wallpaper has already been loaded via the HTTP/HTTPS interface on the codec.

I suppose you could get ambitious and build out a web client to interface with the codec web server and execute the upload, which should be possible, maybe just not easy.

Another alternative: the custom wallpaper image is stored under /user/posters/wallpaper.png on the codec.  With root access you can use SCP to upload a new image, and then you could use the API command above to select it...

Replied by: null on 04-04-2012 11:09:38 AM
thanks Fred.  Based on your suggestions I can now upload my own wallpaper using the SCP option.

The problem I now have is that if Custom wall paper is already selected before I do my upload, I can't make it refresh without having to unselect Custom and then set it back to custom again, i.e. uploading a new wallpaper when custom is already selected doesn't change the display

is there something I can do to force a refresh?  Reselecting 'Custom' as the wall paper doesn't do this (probably because it detects that I haven't changed the setting)

thanks

Replied by: null on 04-04-2012 11:15:09 AM
Rob,
no, you have to do the toggle-trick like you described.

Regards,
David
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here