Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: ROD TAGUCHI on 05-08-2011 06:35:56 PM
I would like to see ability to use chat/connect with multiple domains using the WebEx Social chat client.  That would allow ability to chat between partners, customer, cisco and multiple internal webex connect domains, same as we currently do with WebEx Connect stand alone.  Ability to do this with the click to dial too, please.

Subject: RE: Chat with multi-domain capability
Replied by: Jon Grady on 26-08-2011 12:13:02 PM
Test for Matt

Replied by: Michael Popovich on 29-08-2011 08:23:03 PM
I would like to see ability to use chat/connect with multiple domains using the WebEx Social chat client.  That would allow ability to chat between partners, customer, cisco and multiple internal webex connect domains, same as we currently do with WebEx Connect stand alone.  Ability to do this with the click to dial too, please.

Rod-

Do you mean you want to be able to manage contacts and initiate chats with people on other domains with the WebEx Social client?

Currently WebEx Social integrates into the backend presence solution such as WebEx connect so if you have contacts in other domains and they initiate a chat session it will appear in the WebEx Social client and you can continue the conversation there. Today there isn't an ability to manage contacts or initiate chat sessions with people in other domains. A richer IM client is being looked at for future WebEx Social release.

Replied by: ROD TAGUCHI on 30-08-2011 10:45:50 AM
I would like to see a full blown chat client, possibly synchronized with my connect or other chat client contact lists, etc.  But the immediate concern is that our company has multiple email domains so we need multiple domains and naming to work within the WebEx Social chat client.

Replied by: Smita Upadhya on 13-08-2012 06:11:37 PM
Thank you for your comment. The enhancement request has been shared with the WebEx Social team and will be added to the product roadmap as appropriate. Please work with your business contact at Cisco for more details on the roadmap.

Thanks,
Smita Upadhya
Cisco Developer Services
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links