Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ken Snyder on 18-09-2012 05:07:32 PM
This is all of the tech news today: http://www.crn.com/news/networking/240007425/cisco-ceasing-development-of-load-balancer-products.htm

Obviously this impacts WebEx Social / ACE integrations. What will be the replacement solution? We cannot go into a customer and propose ACE at this point for SSL forwarding.

Subject: RE: Cisco Ceasing Development Of Load-Balancer Products
Replied by: ROD TAGUCHI on 18-09-2012 05:52:05 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting that.  I supposed, the WebEx Social BU will need to certify F5 or other load balancers now.

Subject: RE: Cisco Ceasing Development Of Load-Balancer Products
Replied by: Manuel Michel on 18-09-2012 05:54:29 PM
Interesting news - pretty unexpected. Let's see what comes...

Subject: Re: New Message from Manuel Michel in WebEx Social Developer - WebEx Social
Replied by: Christopher Chandler on 19-09-2012 05:39:01 PM
Folks,

As of (at least 4PM Eastern) today, my sources say that the BU has not declared EOL for the ACE.

There's no Press Announcement on this - just a one-off Post on NASDAQ's site that quotes "a Cisco spokesperson."  It seems highly suspect that we would EOL something like this without a Press Announcement.

I am asking around internally, so stay tuned.

Cheers,
Chris

On Sep 18, 2012, at 4:54 PM, Cisco Developer Community Forums wrote:

> Manuel Michel has created a new message in the forum "WebEx Social 3.0":
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting news - pretty unexpected. Let's see what comes...
> --
> To respond to this post, please click the following link:
>
> <http://developer.cisco.com/web/webexsocial-developer/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/6522776>
>
> or simply reply to this email.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links