Did you mean: 
cancel

cisco Cius api for calling through Cisco IP Phone

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Matthew J Denapoli on 25-04-2011 09:01:46 AM
i am currently developing a application for Cius which require it to call through Cisco IP Phones somehow.
Like the Cisco Cius is connected to this IP Phone through Wi-Fi (for an example) and on a button click, app need to place the call on the given number through IP phone.

is there any API available to achieve the same????

please reply...

Subject: RE: cisco Cius api for calling through Cisco IP Phone
Replied by: Larry Michalewicz on 25-04-2011 09:33:18 AM
I'm not exactly sure I understand.  The Cius is a Cisco IP Phone.  For basic calling, you can use the standard Android "tel:" URI.  I recommend taking a look at our recent blog posts for more details.

Larry M.

i am currently developing a application for Cius which require it to call through Cisco IP Phones somehow.
Like the Cisco Cius is connected to this IP Phone through Wi-Fi (for an example) and on a button click, app need to place the call on the given number through IP phone.

is there any API available to achieve the same????

please reply...

Subject: RE: cisco Cius api for calling through Cisco IP Phone
Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 20-05-2011 07:05:47 PM
If you want to have control over the call and actually initiate dialing programmatically, look at the example in the following directory.
[android-sdk-directory]\add-ons\addon_cisco_cius_8\samples\SamplePhoneApplication

Note: you will need to add the following permissions to your manifest file.
  <uses-permission android:name="cisco.telephony.permission.DEVICE_PERMISSION" />
  <uses-permission android:name="cisco.telephony.permission.CALL_INFO_PERMISSION" />
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here