Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Matthew J Denapoli on 20-06-2011 04:27:57 AM
Hi, I've got a Cisco device which was operating properly at the start. 
After installing a personal sample app, which include scheme for launching the app and some simple buttons, it workd as expected. 
However, this morning the device shows a the following message after starting the device:
"The appliaction Clendar Storage (process.com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly, please try again. "
when selecting the force close the device reset itself, and start over again getting the force close message and reset...

the ADB doesn't show any device (while it did before) so I can't uninstall my application (which may responsible for this error)  or access the calendar...
is there any special key pressing sequance for performing a hard reset?
is it possible to install a new ROM ?
Please advice. 
Thanks
Oren

Subject: RE: Cisco device reboot in a continues loop
Replied by: Larry Michalewicz on 20-06-2011 09:12:05 AM
This is a known issue with older prototype versions of the firmware.  To solve the problem permenatly, you need to ask whomever gave you your Cius to please upgrade to the latest Beta load.

Larry M.

Hi, I've got a Cisco device which was operating properly at the start. 
After installing a personal sample app, which include scheme for launching the app and some simple buttons, it workd as expected. 
However, this morning the device shows a the following message after starting the device:
"The appliaction Clendar Storage (process.com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly, please try again. "
when selecting the force close the device reset itself, and start over again getting the force close message and reset...

the ADB doesn't show any device (while it did before) so I can't uninstall my application (which may responsible for this error)  or access the calendar...
is there any special key pressing sequance for performing a hard reset?
is it possible to install a new ROM ?
Please advice. 
Thanks
Oren

Replied by: David Staudt on 29-06-2011 04:57:53 PM
Note, a boot-up factory reset (which should resolve the boot loop at the cost of wiping configurations/data on the device) may be needed to get to the point where an upgrade can be attempted:

Cius factory reset procedure:

- Power off the Cius
- Hold down the Menu and Back buttons, while powering on the device
- After a few seconds a small red light near the front facing camera will begin blinking.  You can release the Menu and Back buttons.
- To initiate the reset, press the Volume Up and Down keys in the following sequence:
  Volume Up
  Volume Down
  Volume Up
  Volume Down
  Volume Up
  Volume Down
- The red blinking light should turn steady, indicating the factory reset is under way
- Please allow plenty of time for the process to complete.  The Cius will boot into a clean configuration when finished.

If the factory reset is unsuccessful, you may need to contact your source for further advice and/or replacement.

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 29-06-2011 08:14:34 PM
You can also try upgrading the firmware on your Cius device.  If the options above do not fix your issue, the firmware upgrade should.

Cisco provides support for registering your Cius device with our RAVE DMZ lab in Galway, Ireland http://developer.cisco.com/web/cius-developer/remote-access-validation-environment-rave Registering will trigger an automatic Cius firmware update/install to the latest recommended version. For details and support on Cius registration with RAVE, please see the Upgrade Cius Firmware page on this site

Replied by: David Staudt on 29-06-2011 08:40:31 PM
Correcting link to the update page: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cius-developer/updgrade-cius-firmware

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 29-06-2011 08:54:05 PM
Correcting link for RAVE overview.  It should be http://developer.cisco.com/web/cius-developer/remote-access-validation-environment-rave

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 30-06-2011 03:00:59 AM
Thanks guys.
The device operates properly again thanks to the hard reset.
I'll connect to the RAVE in the coming days.
Oren.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links