Did you mean: 
cancel

Clearing Missed Calls Notification C60

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Chris Ishoy on 17-09-2009 06:55:51 PM
I need to be able to clear the missed calls notifcation from the main screen using the API(not user or menu controls). I need more info on how this command works:

xCommand CallLog Missed Delete
Delete log of missed calls. Required parameters with (r): LogTag: {{0..2147483647}}

Do I need to poll the codec for the missed call number(logtag), and how is that done? Is there a way to simply delete all missed calls? I did not find a way to disable this notification in the advanced controls, which would actually be better than having to clear the notification window.

Thank you.

Chris

Subject: RE: Clearing Missed Calls Notification C60
Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 18-09-2009 04:31:24 PM
Chris,
unfortunately there is no way of clearing this list as the moment. This is a known issue and is being looked into. Currently what I would recommend when integrating the codec is simply to turn the on-screen display/menu off ("xConfiguration Video OSD Mode: Off")

By the way in TC2.0 the LogTag-parameter for xCommand CallLog Missed Delete is no longer required and will delete the whole log when not specified. Unfortunately it doesn't clear the missed calls message box so it does not solve your issue :-(

Best regards,
David

Replied by: Greg Mortlock on 07-02-2012 06:17:01 AM
Hi David,

We're currently working on a project with 40+ Video Conferencing meeting rooms, all C40s that we're controlling via Crestron, there's no IR remotes in the rooms. As the rooms are used by 1000's of different staff, no one is interested in the missed calls, but they do ask how they get rid of the missed call notification, which currently they can't.

We'd like to leave the OSD on as the other icons, indicators, etc. provide useful feedback to the users. Yes we can, and do, display these indications on the Crestron touch panel, but we find users notice these more often on the video displays, especially if they've navigated to a different touch panel control page. Basically we get a lot less support calls for user issues, like near/far end mic muted, when these are on the display as well as the touch panel.

Ideally, we'd like a xconfiguration setting that set whether the missed calls notification was displayed or not.
Failing that, an xcommand that closes the missed call notification.
Failing that, the xCommand CallLog Missed Delete command could close the notification (which it probably should anyway).
Or as a last resort, the xCommand Key Click:C should close the notification. I can use "Key Click" commands to navigate the notification, but not to close it.

Cheers,

Greg

Replied by: Frederick Nielsen on 24-03-2012 04:03:35 PM
Out of curiosity, one of the "xCommand Message (Alert/TextLine/Prompt) Clear" commands doesn't remove the missed call pop-up?

Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 26-03-2012 02:44:57 PM
No, that only clears a dialogue opened by the equivalent xcommand message (Alert/TextLine/Prompt)  Display commands.

Cheers,
David

Replied by: Greg Mortlock on 30-01-2012 07:51:37 AM
I take it these's still no way of removing the missed calls display pop-up via an xCommand?

Cheers,
Greg

Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 30-01-2012 10:38:41 AM
Hi Greg,
no, unfortunately not. Your only option is to turn OSD completely off, "xConfiguration Video OSD Mode: Off"

Please could you describe the issues you are having and why todays model of turning off OSD completely is not sufficient (so I can show the right guys in R&D why this is important to fix!).

Cheers,
David
CreatePlease to create content
This widget could not be displayed.