Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: THOMAS MARTIN on 22-04-2010 03:12:38 PM
In a CME environment, when connecting to IP phones to push commands (like to force a phone to dial a number), the authentication performed is determined by the CME configuration. Specifically, if "url authentication http://W.X.Y.Z/CCMCIP/authenticate.asp" then the CME's "authentication credential" command determines which username and password must be sent to the IP Phone to sucessfully make it dial.

However, CME supports external authentication with the "url authentication http://..." command. When I point this to a web server, it connects to the URL I specify and POSTs the following: UserID=admin&Password=admin&devicename=SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX. The web server then needs to send something back to say "you're authorized" or "authorization failed."

That's where my problem comes in. I can find no documentation on what the web server needs to send back in order to tell the IP Phone "you're authorized." Does anyone have any idea what the web server needs to respond back with in order for successful authentication to occur?

Subject: RE: CME IP Phone External Authentication
Replied by: Yawming Chen on 22-04-2010 07:03:08 PM
It's AUTHORIZED and UN_AUTHORIZED, but don't know which document we can find it.
Cisco IP Phone team may know that.

Thanks !

Subject: RE: CME IP Phone External Authentication
Replied by: THOMAS MARTIN on 22-04-2010 09:49:33 PM
It's AUTHORIZED and UN_AUTHORIZED, but don't know which document we can find it.
Cisco IP Phone team may know that.

Thanks !

That did it!

The response from the server has to be the string AUTHORIZED, without any HTML at all. Anything other than that results in a rejection.

Thanks for your help!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links