Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Marc Cooper on 15-11-2011 08:20:24 PM
In the MXP series, "xStatus SystemUnit" contained a field reporting the codec temperature.  That does not seem to be present in the C-Series codecs.  I seem to recall that there are ways to retrieve system board temperatures from the C-Series by using some advanced commands. 

Is there a simple command I could use to get this info from a C-Series codec?  If not, might you consider adding the temperature reporting into "xstatus SystemUnit".

We consider this important information and we monitor it proactively in our NOC so that we find out about racks/rooms that are not being properly cooled (particularly during off hours).  This helps us to ensure that the equipment is in an adequate operating environment.

-Marc

Subject: RE: Codec Temperature Reporting
Replied by: Marc Cooper on 18-11-2011 04:53:57 PM
Anyone?  There has to be a temperature sensor in there somewhere and there must be a way to get that information.

Replied by: Marc Cooper on 01-12-2011 10:22:32 PM
Can someone please let me know if there is indeed a temperature sensor in the C-Series codec and if so how I might be able to get a readout.

Thanks,
Marc

Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 02-12-2011 04:28:55 PM
Marc,
there is a sensor. However it has until now not been available for readouts.
This is a new feature coming soon and will be on systemunit part of the API:

*s SystemUnit Hardware Temperature: "65.0"

Regards,
David

Replied by: Marc Cooper on 02-12-2011 07:54:48 PM
David,

Thank you once again.  Now that I know it is coming, I can plan for it in my AMX RMS code and do not need to try to find another means of remotely monitoring codec and rack temperature.  I know you can't commit to a date, but do you have any sense if this is going to be part of TC5?

-Marc

Replied by: Roger Boe on 05-12-2011 10:08:22 AM
Hi Mark,

TC5 was released on Friday and yes, this is included in that release.

Best regards
Roger

Replied by: Marc Cooper on 07-12-2011 08:18:09 PM
Excellent.  We are just getting TC5 setup for testing.  I will check to see that I can get the temperature status from the codec.

Cheers...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links