Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Martin Sloan on 29-06-2012 10:01:09 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to find a flag in Unity Connection DB that indicates how the account was created.  Some say 'Active User Imported from LDAP Directory', 'User Imported through AXL' or nothing at all (manual creation).  Does anyone know where to find this info?  We're having some authentication issues with the AXL imported users which I need to track down.

Thanks,

Marty

Subject: RE: Connection 8.6.2 - User Account Creation Type
Replied by: Martin Sloan on 29-06-2012 11:05:19 AM
Hello again,

After looking through the user URI and Data Dictionary for 8.5.1 included in CUDLI (anyone know if 8.6.2 is in the latest CUDLI?) I found a field 'LdapType' which enumerates:

0 - "User does not have LDAP enabled."
1 - "LDAP synchronization enabled."
2 - "LDAP authentication enabled."
4 - "LDAP is enabled but temporariliy inactive for the user."

My functional LDAP imported user account has a status of 3 which strangely enough isn't listed in the LdapType enumeration table that I have.  The user account which is listed as imported through AXL is listed as 2 - "LDAP authentication enabled.".  Is there a "safe" way of updating this field to '3' for  testing?  The AXL imported user account page shows the LDAP Integration Status  as 'Integrate with LDAP Directory'.

Thank you,

Marty

Replied by: Jeff Lindborg on 29-06-2012 11:45:27 AM
I can't speak to updating that flag "safely" but the data dictionary is the most recent - I checked against the 8.6.2 and 9.0 (upcoming release) dictionaries and there's no note for "3" in that field...

Replied by: Martin Sloan on 29-06-2012 12:06:40 PM
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for checking.  It seems strange that '3' isn't included.  I'm not even sure how the AXL imported users got into the system.  I use the REST API for ldap import or manual creation if they're not in LDAP but we had a 3rd party tool a while back that might have been using an import process through CUCM somehow.  They're just deleting the VM account and recreating it through LDAP import to fix the authentication issue for now, so I'm trying to find a way to preserve the accounts.

Later,
Marty
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links