Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

CTI Route Point for Outbound Calls

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Chikeobi Njaka on 09-08-2011 08:45:47 PM
Hi Folks,
I don't know if I am using RP correctly; to conference in multipple parties and not have the conference participants on hold at any time, I am using CTI-RP to place the calls to the participants. As they answer, I want to route the calls to a CTI port address and have the CTI port accept and conference the call (the original call is on the CTI port).
The problem is that the callback registered with the RouteAddress is not getting called (by the way, I couldn't use CiscoRouteAddress, but have to use RouteAddress; I don't think CiscoRouteAddress is implemented).
Any ideas?

Subject: RE: CTI Route Point for Outbound Calls
Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 10-08-2011 06:01:35 AM
RouteCallback works only for incoming calls on Route Points and not on the calls which are originated from Route Point. You may want to redirect the call on RoutePoint from application to desired CTI port once the call is answered instead of relying on RouteCallBack for outbound calls.

Replied by: Chikeobi Njaka on 01-09-2011 02:27:36 PM
RouteCallback works only for incoming calls on Route Points and not on the calls which are originated from Route Point. You may want to redirect the call on RoutePoint from application to desired CTI port once the call is answered instead of relying on RouteCallBack for outbound calls.

According to the Cisco JTAPI javadocs, routeCallback is deprecated. It does not mention what replaces it if anything. Can you help?

Replied by: Chikeobi Njaka on 06-09-2011 03:00:13 PM
Hi Abhishek,
The AP documentation says RouteCallbakc has been deprecated, but it works as advertised. However, as you can appreciate, it's not cool to rely on deprecated API, so, what is supposed to replace it and how do I use it?

Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 07-09-2011 09:05:04 AM
Hi Abhishek,
The AP documentation says RouteCallbakc has been deprecated, but it works as advertised. However, as you can appreciate, it's not cool to rely on deprecated API, so, what is supposed to replace it and how do I use it?

To be honest, i never noticed RegisterRouteCallBack is deprecated. I am actually not sure if it is a typo or if the API is really deprecated.
I will defer it to some expert in JTAPI team to confirm if this is really deprecated, if so what is going to replace it.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here