Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Mike Robinson on 08-10-2008 02:54:54 AM
Has anyone successfully created an install package for their CTIOS Agent Desktop (7.x) application? I am using Visual Studio .Net 2003.

I have used the developer guide as a reference in order to determine what DLLs and COM objects to include and register, but when I run the install, all the COM object DLLs error out (failed to register). Any tips or suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks.

Edited by: Mike Robinson on Oct 7, 2008 10:55 PM

Subject: Re: CTIOS Agent Desktop install package
Replied by: Rajit Kumar on 26-10-2008 10:15:57 PM
yes, we have compiled and deployed custom .NET app whcih is now in prod;
usually the setup is pretty stright forward; send me your error msgs;

rajit
rajit@spinsci.com

Replied by: David Lender on 27-10-2008 03:22:12 PM
Mike, Please post the error messages to the CTIOS forum. Rajit, if you
want to help out, please do so publicly in the forums.

Thanks,

David Lender
Cisco Systems

Replied by: David Eckhardt on 24-07-2009 08:04:45 PM
I am having trouble installing v7.2.(7) CTIOS Agent Desktop.  I am installing on XP, SP2.
I can install the out-of-the box v7.0.0 with no problems.  I can install the Service Release 2 over the top of it with no problems.  However, when I attempt to install the v7.2.(7) supplemental installer over the top of either the base 7.0.0 or the sr2, I get a consistent InstallShield error every time.  I've tried clearing out Windows Temp folders and the old InstallShield Install Info folder before the v7 install with no success.
Any ideas?  Thanks.

Error Code:        -5004 : 0x80041f42
Error Information:
*C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\iKernel.dll
>inc\CoCreate.cpp (41)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1564)
PAPP:Cisco CTI Toolkit Desktop Client
PVENDOR:Cisco Systems (http://www.cisco.com)

Subject: RE: CTIOS Agent Desktop install package
Replied by: vincent lui on 29-07-2009 01:20:27 AM
Though this is an old post, have you been able to create an installer package?  Is your CTIOS 7.x application using the ActiveX controls or referencing the COM CIL or .Net CIL?  

Can you provide a list of Cisco related files that were included in the installer project?  Did you copy the necessary files from the GAC?

thanks!

Has anyone successfully created an install package for their CTIOS Agent Desktop (7.x) application? I am using Visual Studio .Net 2003.

I have used the developer guide as a reference in order to determine what DLLs and COM objects to include and register, but when I run the install, all the COM object DLLs error out (failed to register). Any tips or suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks.

Edited by: Mike Robinson on Oct 7, 2008 10:55 PM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links