Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Hemal Mehta on 27-02-2012 09:28:31 AM
Can the CTIOS development be done using java alone ? I prefer e java over C++, C Sharp.  I need to integrate 3rd party apps with Agent desktop 8.0  Also what are the exact downloads I need to do the development (jar files, source code etc)

Thanks for the info.
Hemal

Subject: RE: New Message from Hemal Mehta in Computer Telephony Integration Object S
Replied by: David Lender on 27-02-2012 10:30:18 AM
There is a Java Cil (Client Interface Library) so yes, you can create a CTIOS Application using Java alone.  You install the Java Cil SDK as part of the CTIOS Client install from the CTIOS Install Media.  There is no CTIOS download available.

Subject: RE: New Message from David Lender in Computer Telephony Integration Object
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 27-02-2012 10:35:18 AM
Is there a lot of customization that needs to be done over the base code.   Also, I just need to integrate 3rd party apps. For example a web browser needs to be launched when call comes in and certain CTIOs variables need to be passed. How easy is it to integrate and develop that ?
Thanks,

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 9:30 AM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from David Lender in Computer Telephony Integration Object Server (CTIOS) Toolkit - CTIOS Toolkit Questions: RE: New Message from Hemal Mehta in Computer Telephony Integration Object S

David Lender has created a new message in the forum "CTIOS Toolkit Questions":
--------------------------------------------------------------
There is a Java Cil (Client Interface Library) so yes, you can create a CTIOS Application using Java alone. You install the Java Cil SDK as part of the CTIOS Client install from the CTIOS Install Media. There is no CTIOS download available.
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link:
<http://developer.cisco.com/web/ctios/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/5207496>
or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: New Message from David Lender in Computer Telephony Integration Object
Replied by: Shannon McCoy on 27-02-2012 11:47:53 AM
Is there a lot of customization that needs to be done over the base code.   Also, I just need to integrate 3rd party apps. For example a web browser needs to be launched when call comes in and certain CTIOs variables need to be passed. How easy is it to integrate and develop that ?
Thanks,

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 9:30 AM
Subject: New Message from David Lender in Computer Telephony Integration Object Server (CTIOS) Toolkit - CTIOS Toolkit Questions: RE: New Message from Hemal Mehta in Computer Telephony Integration Object S

There is a Java Cil (Client Interface Library) so yes, you can create a CTIOS Application using Java alone. You install the Java Cil SDK as part of the CTIOS Client install from the CTIOS Install Media. There is no CTIOS download available.
--
<http://developer.cisco.com/web/ctios/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/5207496>

Unless you MUST use java I would reccomend the C# .NET CIL. There is a full blown sample with a manageble amount of bugs in it that can be compiled and customized to pop web pages in minutes. I have written several full blown apps with such features and though I can write Java I would never use it for a thick client interface unless I was forced to by OS or customer.

Subject: RE: New Message from Hemal Mehta in Computer Telephony Integration Object S
Replied by: David Lender on 27-02-2012 12:28:18 PM
Did you install the .NET Cil when you installed the CTIOS Client?  There should be a dotNet Cil folder under C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CTIOS Client\CTIOS Toolkit

If this folder does not exist then you did not install the CTIOS Toolkit correctly.

Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 27-02-2012 12:42:18 PM
Is that through  dotnetfx.exe ?

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 11:28 AM

Did you install the .NET Cil when you installed the CTIOS Client? There should be a dotNet Cil folder under C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CTIOS Client\CTIOS Toolkit

If this folder does not exist then you did not install the CTIOS Toolkit correctly.
--
<http://developer.cisco.com/web/ctios/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/5208009>

Replied by: David Lender on 27-02-2012 01:06:18 PM
I am not familiar with dotnetfx.exe  To install the CTIOS toolkit you need to run Setup.exe in the CTIOSClient folder.  For additional installation support, open a TAC Service Request for the CTIOS Desktop.

Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 27-02-2012 12:16:40 PM
In my CTIOS client folder I am seeing only java specific  code. Can you tell me where I can find C# specific code.  For excample I am seeing only  these folders:
CTIOS_JavaCIL
Sun_Java_1.6.0_11
tzupdater-1.3.6-2008c

Thanks

Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 27-02-2012 01:41:06 PM
Thanks guys. Yes, I was able to install it.
What is the next step for getting a base version ready and compiled.  Is there any guide I can use to set this all up ? Can I use Visual Studio 2005. I have a requirement to integrate with external web apps and by passing CTIOS variables to a post URL.
Hemal

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 12:06 PM

I am not familiar with dotnetfx.exe To install the CTIOS toolkit you need to run Setup.exe in the CTIOSClient folder. For additional installation support, open a TAC Service Request for the CTIOS Desktop.
--
<http://developer.cisco.com/web/ctios/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/5208126>

Replied by: Shannon McCoy on 27-02-2012 02:07:21 PM
What is the next step for getting a base version ready and compiled.  Is there any guide I can use to set this all up ? Can I use Visual Studio 2005. I have a requirement to integrate with external web apps and by passing CTIOS variables to a post URL.
Hemal

I am not familiar with dotnetfx.exe To install the CTIOS toolkit you need to run Setup.exe in the CTIOSClient folder. For additional installation support, open a TAC Service Request for the CTIOS Desktop.
--
<http://developer.cisco.com/web/ctios/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/5208126>

Go to your CtiOs install folder ( e.g. C:\Cisco Systems\CtiOs Toolkit ) and drill down into the CTIOS Toolkit\dotNet CIL\Samples\CTI Toolkit Combo Desktop.NET folder. Open the project in VS 2005/2008/2010 whatever  you choose to use.
You should be able to compile right away. If you run it it will complain until you put the address/port of the CtiOs server in the config file but this is standard stuff. It does not use the values from the registry like the standard client. Once you have a proper config file you can run it and login to test calls through it.
To add screen pops just use the Process object. You can run a web site but using Process.Start( http://www.cisco.com ); its that simple (remember to add the proper references for Process).  You can also pull PV values from the args parameters in various events or access them through the Call Object. These are documented in the Developers guide. If you have never done it before it may take an hour or two to get the hang of everything but it will get faster.
here is an example of gettting a pv from an Arguments array
<pre style="background: white; color: black; font-family: Consolas;">                string pv1;
                if( !( a_Arguments.GetValueString( Enum_CtiOs.CTIOS_CALLVARIABLE1, out pv1 ) ) )
                    pv1 = string.Empty;</pre>
this will get the value or initialize the pv1 to a blank string. You get arguments arrays all over the api so just pick where you want to handle them and pass the to the uri of your choice. Good Luck

Shannon
P.S. dotnetfx.exe is the .NET Framework installer. It is deployed when you don't know if the client machine has .NET installed.

Subject: RE: New Message from Shannon McCoy in Computer Telephony Integration Object
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 27-02-2012 02:09:06 PM
Thanks Shannon.  This is great.  I will try this and let you know.
Hemal

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 1:07 PM
Subject: New Message from Shannon McCoy in Computer Telephony Integration Object Server (CTIOS) Toolkit - CTIOS Toolkit Questions: RE: New Message from David Lender in Computer Telephony Integration Object

Shannon McCoy has created a new message in the forum "CTIOS Toolkit Questions":

What is the next step for getting a base version ready and compiled. Is there any guide I can use to set this all up ? Can I use Visual Studio 2005. I have a requirement to integrate with external web apps and by passing CTIOS variables to a post URL.
Hemal

--

Go to your CtiOs install folder ( e.g. C:\Cisco Systems\CtiOs Toolkit ) and drill down into the CTIOS Toolkit\dotNet CIL\Samples\CTI Toolkit Combo Desktop.NET folder. Open the project in VS 2005/2008/2010 whatever you choose to use.
You should be able to compile right away. If you run it it will complain until you put the address/port of the CtiOs server in the config file but this is standard stuff. It does not use the values from the registry like the standard client. Once you have a proper config file you can run it and login to test calls through it.
To add screen pops just use the Process object. You can run a web site but using Process.Start( http://www.cisco.com ); its that simple (remember to add the proper references for Process). You can also pull PV values from the args parameters in various events or access them through the Call Object. These are documented in the Developers guide. If you have never done it before it may take an hour or two to get the hang of everything but it will get faster.
<pre style="background: white; color: black; font-family: Consolas;"> string pv1;
if( !( a_Arguments.GetValueString( Enum_CtiOs.CTIOS_CALLVARIABLE1, out pv1 ) ) )
this will get the value or initialize the pv1 to a blank string. You get arguments arrays all over the api so just pick where you want to handle them and pass the to the uri of your choice. Good Luck

Shannon
P.S. dotnetfx.exe is the .NET Framework installer. It is deployed when you don't know if the client machine has .NET installed.
--

<http://developer.cisco.com/web/ctios/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/5214433>

Subject: RE: New Message from Shannon McCoy in Computer Telephony Integration Object
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 12-04-2012 04:57:37 PM
Shannon,
     Just wanted to follow up.  Based on your suggestion, I looked the folder listed below.  Now I need to pass the value of PV1 pr PV2 to a url. So for example I need to call
http://www.test.com?test1=PV1

In the sample code dir you suggested, where do I need to invoked the process object (as per your suggestion below)
I am more of java guy, but open to consider the C sharp route.
Thanks

Thanks Shannon. This is great. I will try this and let you know.
Hemal

Go to your CtiOs install folder ( e.g. C:\Cisco Systems\CtiOs Toolkit ) and drill down into the CTIOS Toolkit\dotNet CIL\Samples\CTI Toolkit Combo Desktop.NET folder. Open the project in VS 2005/2008/2010 whatever you choose to use.
To add screen pops just use the Process object. You can run a web site but using Process.Start( http://www.cisco.com ); its that simple (remember to add the proper references for Process). You can also pull PV values from the args parameters in various events or access them through the Call Object. These are documented in the Developers guide. If you have never done it before it may take an hour or two to get the hang of everything but it will get faster.
<pre style="background: white; color: black; font-family: Consolas;"> string pv1;

Shannon
--

<http://developer.cisco.com/web/ctios/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/5214433>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links