Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Sarah Johnson on 11-05-2010 08:12:09 PM
Is there any way to mute a single party on a conference call?  It would be like a selective hold for a single member of a multi-party conference call. Put another way, "muting the voice signal between two parties (individual talking pathes, i.e. party 1 to party 2 and also party 2 to party 1)"

I do not see anything in the developers guide that mentions it but thought I would reach out and see if anyone has done something similar.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sarah

Subject: RE: CTIOS - Mute Conferenced Party?
Replied by: Shannon McCoy on 15-07-2010 10:22:24 AM
Is there any way to mute a single party on a conference call?  It would be like a selective hold for a single member of a multi-party conference call. Put another way, "muting the voice signal between two parties (individual talking pathes, i.e. party 1 to party 2 and also party 2 to party 1)"

I do not see anything in the developers guide that mentions it but thought I would reach out and see if anyone has done something similar.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sarah

When you conference the parties together they are blended into a single call as far as the client is concerned ( at least on CUCM ) so there is no way to distinguish a party and no way to control just that call as there is now only one call and everyone is on it. You may try using TAPI/JTAPI but I am not sure if they can do it either depending on the driver implementation. Sorry
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links