Did you mean: 
cancel

CTIOS - Mute Conferenced Party?

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Sarah Johnson on 11-05-2010 08:12:09 PM
Is there any way to mute a single party on a conference call?  It would be like a selective hold for a single member of a multi-party conference call. Put another way, "muting the voice signal between two parties (individual talking pathes, i.e. party 1 to party 2 and also party 2 to party 1)"

I do not see anything in the developers guide that mentions it but thought I would reach out and see if anyone has done something similar.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sarah

Subject: RE: CTIOS - Mute Conferenced Party?
Replied by: Shannon McCoy on 15-07-2010 10:22:24 AM
Is there any way to mute a single party on a conference call?  It would be like a selective hold for a single member of a multi-party conference call. Put another way, "muting the voice signal between two parties (individual talking pathes, i.e. party 1 to party 2 and also party 2 to party 1)"

I do not see anything in the developers guide that mentions it but thought I would reach out and see if anyone has done something similar.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sarah

When you conference the parties together they are blended into a single call as far as the client is concerned ( at least on CUCM ) so there is no way to distinguish a party and no way to control just that call as there is now only one call and everyone is on it. You may try using TAPI/JTAPI but I am not sure if they can do it either depending on the driver implementation. Sorry
CreatePlease to create content