cancel

CUCME V8.6 SIP trunk to Asterisk/FreePBX

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Phani Jampala on 29-09-2011 12:23:15 PM
Hi,

I need to create a SIP trunk between CUCME 8.6 and Asterisk 1.6 with a FreePBX 2.9 front end. I am quite familiar with the Asterisk side but have only just started working with CUCME/Cisco Configuration Professional. I seem to be able to get a trunk that *nearly* works, but not completely - Asterisk says it's connected but I can't pass traffic through the trunk in both directions.

I have managed to interconnect the two systems by setting Asterisk to allow anonymous inbound SIP calls and have some filter rules on the CUCME side that allow my one test Cisco phone (on CUCME) to call the Asterisk side, but at least in one direction (Cisco -> Asterisk) this is not using the trunk.

My config will be: CUCME-connected endpoints on Extens. 1xxx. Asterisk-connected endpoints on Extens 8xxx.

To complicate matters, Asterisk is managing a SIP trunk to a PSTN gateway provider and I need the CUCME world to be able to dial 9 for an outside line!

Happy to post configs but can anyone guide me through the specifics and what to look out for.

Anyone been there, done that?

Thanks
CreatePlease to create content