Did you mean: 
cancel

CUIS templates for CVP

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ranjana Narayan on 23-07-2009 08:33:52 AM
Added CUIS template for CVP in the document section at http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/download.

This zip archive introduces and describes the Unified CVP 7.0.2 templates for Cisco Unified Intelligence Center 7.5.2. Unified IC generates call-related reports against the Unified CVP Reporting database using pre-defined templates and allows a graphic view of reports with charts, gauges, filters, formatting, drilldowns, thresholds, etc. The zip archive includes Release Notes, Transfer of Information, Help WebPages, and sample Unified CVP 7.0.2 templates for Unified IC 7.5.2.

Subject: RE: Reporting Server templates for CVP
Replied by: Bill Westby on 05-01-2010 08:42:08 PM
Forgot one more critical detail, you have to tell the VXML servers what to report on.  By default only CVP Subdialog Starts and CVP subdialog returns are reported.  If you use regular Subdialog Starts and returns you won't see anything.  You have to tell the VXML servers in CVP OAMP what else you want to report on.  Go into CVP OAMP, select the VXML Server, configure, and enable reporting, number of days, etc.  There is a place for Inclusion mask, I wanted everything to start so I entered *.*.*.* but you can put all kinds of stuff in the mask, refer to the CVP reporting guide for examples.

Replied by: Janine Graves on 05-01-2010 08:21:06 PM
Ranjana,

I have Reporting Server without CUIS. Where can I find some sample Crystal Reports templates to create reports? Are they online somewhere or on the Reporting Server?

Also, what tools does one need to view the Informix DB tables (if I don't want to use Dbaccess)? Do I need the Informix Client SDK from the IBM web site? Does this include the Informix tools referred to in the Reporting Guide?

Thanks, Janine
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
  <w pac-man iew>Normal</w pac-man iew>
  <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
  <wunctuationKerning />
  <w pac-man alidateAgainstSchemas />
  <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
  <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
  <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
  <w:Compatibility>
   <w:BreakWrappedTables />
   <w:SnapToGridInCell />
   <w:WrapTextWithPunct />
   <w:UseAsianBreakRules />
   <wontGrowAutofit />
  </w:Compatibility>
  <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><!--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156">
</w:LatentStyles>
</xml><!-->
<!--
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{mso-style-parent:"";
margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
@page Section1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
mso-header-margin:.5in;
mso-footer-margin:.5in;
mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
<!--[if gte mso 10]>
<style>
/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language kiss 0400;
mso-fareast-language kiss 0400;
mso-bidi-language kiss 0400;}
</style>
<!-->

Replied by: Bill Westby on 05-01-2010 08:37:28 PM
Yes download the IBM SDK first.  The best browser I've found so far is DBVisualizer for viewing the tables and data.  The free version is fine for viewing data only.  <font size="2">

</font>

http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/

After you install it, it will find the Informix driver from the SDK install.  You'll need several pieces of information like server name, IP, ports, etc.  For the SDK setup in ODBC drivers, Configure the SDK using the setnet32 program they provide using the information you see below, it basically sets up a template for the ODBC configuration.

Then create a system DSN ODBC connection as follows using the Informix driver:
Connection tab:
servername <your server name>
host Ip <ip> 
Service: 1526  - Modify c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services file, add the following line in to bottom of the file:
                                 cvp_db_tcp  1526/tcp  #cvp reporting
Protocol: onsoctcp
Database name: cvp_data
User ID: <cvp reporting user name> - configure with CVP OAMP
Password: <cvp reporting user pwd> - configure with CVP OAMP

Environment tab:
Client Locale: EN_US.CP1252
Database Locale: en_US.57372
Use Server Database Locale: checked
rest are defaults.

once you start DB Visualizer, it will search for connectors and find your Informix ODBC connection.  Biggest problem I had was the username and password because nobody could remember the database admin password to create reporting users in CVP OAMP lol.  Once that got resolved it was pretty easy.

Bill.

Subject: RE: CUIS  templates for CVP
Replied by: Manoj Anantha on 25-01-2010 11:58:52 PM
Ranjan,

The CVP reporting template loaded doesnt have application summary. The application summary xml file is a copy of session summary itself. Can you upload the application summary as well?

Where do we get these templates in Cisco.com?

Thank you,
-Manoj

Replied by: Richard Parker on 19-08-2010 02:39:17 PM
Ranjana,

I have Reporting Server without CUIS. Where can I find some sample Crystal Reports templates to create reports? Are they online somewhere or on the Reporting Server?

Also, what tools does one need to view the Informix DB tables (if I don't want to use Dbaccess)? Do I need the Informix Client SDK from the IBM web site? Does this include the Informix tools referred to in the Reporting Guide?

dbaccess is shipped with  the Informix engine and can be found at %INFORMIXDIR%\bin.  That should be in your path, just open a command window and type "dbaccess".  Dbaccess dates back to the "green-screen" days, it has a character based interface.  However, there is no additional setup required - it connects directly.  Documentation for dbaccess can be found at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/idshelp/v10/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.dba.doc/dba.htm

Any tool which can talk to an ODBC driver will allow you to access the database, the previous suggestion about downloading the IBM SDK kit was valid.  A popular choice around here is Squirrel ( http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/ ).  An effective tool although it is not totally familiar with Informix syntax and can occasionally complain about it.

Regards,
Jack Parker

Subject: RE: CUIS templates for CVP
Replied by: Richard Parker on 19-08-2010 02:43:04 PM
Ranjan,

The CVP reporting template loaded doesnt have application summary. The application summary xml file is a copy of session summary itself. Can you upload the application summary as well?

Where do we get these templates in Cisco.com?

Thank you,
-Manoj

Templates can be pulled from the Reporting Server itself as of 8.01 under %CVP_HOME%\CVP_Reporting_Templates.

Regards,
Jack Parker
CreatePlease to create content