Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Kevin Tompkins on 09-04-2013 06:15:28 PM
We're currently working on a new deployment of the SocialMiner 9.0.1, coupled with UCCX 9.0.2, to implement customer chat support. We have a working demo up and running, but we've noticed that the agent name that is displayed to the customer is the AD username of the agent. Is there a setting to change it so that the agent's first name only is displayed instead of their AD username (first initial+last name)?

Subject: RE: New Message from Kevin Tompkins in SocialMiner - Technical Discussion:
Replied by: Tetyana Shmukler on 10-04-2013 12:11:24 PM
Hi Kevin,
In standalone SocialMiner, you can change agent chat alias in Settings on SocialMiner Home tab. But it only applies to a standalone SocialMiner.
If CCX integration, then you need to ask CCX team on how it can be configured and used.
As far as I know, if the customer wants to change agent alias, then it is CCX issue and it is possible that CCX may already have a feature request for that.
For the customer’s name, the “author” field from the chat-form is used and it can be modified by modifying the actual chat-form.

Please redirect your question to CCE team.
Thank you
Tanya

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:22 PM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Kevin Tompkins in SocialMiner - Technical Discussion: Customer Rep Agent Display Name in Web Chat

Kevin Tompkins has created a new message in the forum "Technical Discussion": -------------------------------------------------------------- We're currently working on a new deployment of the SocialMiner 9.0.1, coupled with UCCX 9.0.2, to implement customer chat support. We have a working demo up and running, but we've noticed that the agent name that is displayed to the customer is the AD username of the agent. Is there a setting to change it so that the agent's first name only is displayed instead of their AD username (first initial+last name)?
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/socialminer/community/-/message_boards/view_message/14079031 or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: Customer Rep Agent Display Name in Web Chat
Replied by: Fabian Schmidt on 26-06-2013 10:40:57 AM
I have the exact same problem and did not find anz solution to this. The Customer sees the internal LDAP usernames which is a big security risk and we cannot use the chat feature at all. This topic is marked as "resolved", does anyone know how this was fixed?

thanks very much
Fabian

Replied by: Kevin Tompkins on 26-06-2013 10:49:55 AM
Hi Fabian,

I opened several TAC cases and posted on the chat and CCX forums seeking answers. So far nobody has offered me any solutions. Our project is on hold at this point as well due to the privacy and security risks. Not including an Alias feature is a massive oversight on the part of the developers. I doubt anyone will be able to use this product in a real enterprise contact center until this is resolved.

Thanks,

Kevin

Replied by: Emmanuel Badoo on 01-07-2013 12:30:05 PM
This is a feature gap between the two platforms and we knew this when we released 9.0. This is currently a roadmap item that will be evaluated by the SocialMiner and CCX teams to determine when we can implement the agent alias information within CCX chat.  Once we come up with a solution and know how big/small the story(s) are we then know which release this feature can go in. If i have to ake a guess right now it will be after 11.0 release sometime.

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Replied by: Ilya Geraskin on 04-07-2013 01:41:04 PM
Hi Kevin,
We have faced with the same trouble. Our TAC case was closed with two enhancement request opened. But for now this "integration" seems absolutely useless.

Replied by: Kevin Tompkins on 05-07-2013 02:23:36 PM
Emmanuel Badoo:
This is a feature gap between the two platforms and we knew this when we released 9.0. This is currently a roadmap item that will be evaluated by the SocialMiner and CCX teams to determine when we can implement the agent alias information within CCX chat.  Once we come up with a solution and know how big/small the story(s) are we then know which release this feature can go in. If i have to ake a guess right now it will be after 11.0 release sometime.

Thanks,

Emmanuel
I appreciate the feedback. I sure hope it's coming in the 10.X versions instead of somewhere in the 11.X. If it's really over a year out from being released we'll probably be forced to to pick a different solution.

Thanks,

Kevin

Replied by: Ethan Purdy on 05-07-2013 01:59:07 PM
I would also agree the integration with CCX was not well thought out.  This agent alias along with the limited web based integration into CCX looks like a complete after thought.  I have inquired about other enhancements and it woudl seem that not much is going on development wise as most responses are sometime after version 10.  Version 10 of which product is usually my follow-up question.
Comments
paulonwude
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Is there any solution for this?

malhaque
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCCX 10.5 Release Notes:

Agent Alias

The administrator can set an alias for the agents. When an agent is on chat, the alias of the agent is displayed to the customer.

Mikhail Kalita
Level 1
Level 1

I don't see a solution of that huge issue, because alias for the agents works only for Finesse. Whereas  Finesse has huge number of restrictions. For example, no call history, only blind transfer and no even forwading email for email Finesse agent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links