Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Hemal Mehta on 17-11-2009 12:32:55 AM
Can someone elaborate on how excactly this works. If someone leaves a no, how exactly does the agent gets this information.  How is it integrated with agent desktop?

Subject: RE: CVP 8.0 courtesy call back feature
Replied by: Glenn Gerhardt on 18-11-2009 06:58:35 PM
Courtesy Callback feature in CVP 8.0(1) involves ICM and VXML Server scripts.  Upon entering the queue if the Estimated Wait Time (EWT) to reach an agent is excessive, the caller is offered to be called back.  The call is disconnected back to the caller, but remains in queue in the scripts.  With the EWT to reach an agent decreasing, the caller will be called back as it is their time to speak to an agent.  Once the caller is reconnected, they are then passed of to an available agent. 

If a caller chooses not to be called back, they simply remain in the queue as they would today.

There is no interaction with Agent Desktop for the Callback feature in CVP.

Replied by: WILLIAM WEBB on 18-11-2009 07:09:01 PM
If I may, I'd like to press for some additional detail here.  We're actually working on a custom callback feature like this, and I'm curious about the upcoming solution based on how you describe it.

What I'm curious about specifically is the "virtual call", if you will.  Does the VXML Server script allow communication with ICM after the live caller is dropped?  I've long felt that extending the capability of something like the "ReqICMLabel" element could be a HUGE advantage in the CVP solution.  We should be able to launch a "call" into the system, queue it, and deliver to an agent without having to use anything other than signaling (a true "virtual" call - no actual RTP/bearer path).  The desktop integration piece is something that can easily be delivered as a custom solution.

Can you elaborate on how the solution operates, and whether it might be something that could be utilized today with custom code, without giving away anything "Cisco proprietary"?

Thanks!

- Bill

Replied by: Adam Mermel on 18-11-2009 07:42:36 PM
Hi William,

Regarding the use of courtesy callback prior to 8.0, we are unable to support this effort.   We will be starting EFT in January, and if your team can support it, we will consider a reqeust for EFT.

Replied by: WILLIAM WEBB on 18-11-2009 07:51:28 PM
Thanks Adam -

I'll move forward with our current solution as this customer is looking to go into production with UCCE 7.5 and CVP 7.0.  I'll be anxiously awaiting the release notes and other documentation around this new feature when it is available, though!

Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 23-11-2009 08:23:30 PM
Thanks for the details Glenn. 
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links