Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Rich Bartolucci on 24-10-2008 07:16:31 PM
I read on the old AudiumCentral site that a developer could change the logging level on the fly with code - is this possible? I've been searching through the API documentation but have not found what I'm looking for.

Essentially I need to read the logging level for the server from a property/XML file, that way I can have the application maintain debug logging in our development environment but minimal logging on our production environments. The only problem I'm having is figuring out how I can change this level through the Java API.

We're running on CVP version 4.0

Any help much appreciated!

Subject: Re: CVP Activity Logging level change
Replied by: Vance Vagell on 24-10-2008 09:23:59 PM
Hi Richard,

There was a setLoggingLevel() method exposed by the API prior to CVP 4.0. However, in 4.0 the logging system and all related APIs were revamped to support customized loggers, and this method hooked into functionality that no longer exists (so it's no longer exposed). You can see mention of this in "Installation and Upgrade Guide for Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal, Release 4.0(1)" (pg 60).

That said, you mentioned that you'd like an XML file to edit for this. You can edit the file "ActivityLogConfig.xml" in the data/application folder of your deployed voice application. That file allows very fine-grained control over how much activity log data will be generated for that voice app.

Alternatively, you could create a custom logger that logs only what you want and/or reads from your own custom property file. You can find more information about loggers in chapter 5 of the User Guide, and there is implementation detail in the Programmer Guide.

Regards,
Vance

Replied by: Rich Bartolucci on 27-10-2008 02:09:38 AM
Thanks for the reply Vance.

Essentially what I want is the existing CVP Activity Logger, just need the ability to configure the logging level on a per-server basis without the need to keep seperate configuration files for each server.

The idea of writing a custom logger seems promising, but I am unsure as to how the basic Activity Logger class works concerning what all it will dump to logs.

Are there any examples of custom logger code with functionality like the Activity Logger?

Replied by: SEAN NILSEN on 08-01-2009 05:10:57 PM
bump

I am also looking for a sample ApplicationLogger class. Are there any samples available?

Does anyone have this working in CVP 4.1/Studio 6?

Thanks much.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links