Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: ANDREW DIGNAN on 16-04-2009 02:18:44 PM
I am looking at developing an outbound dial application that we have written in IPIVR over to CVP.  From what I can gather, with CVP Standalone I can pretty easily place an outbound call from studio.  However, when using CVP Comprehensive integrated to UCC Enterprise, triggering an outbound call isn't as straight forward.  I am trying to come up with a way to have an HTTP request trigger an outbound call.  Anyone written such an app with CVP?

Subject: RE: CVP Comprehensive - Place Outbound Call From Studio
Replied by: ANDREW DIGNAN on 16-04-2009 03:12:47 PM
So basically, would this app, Outbound_Dialing_in_CVP.zip.  work with CVP Comprehensive OR only with Standalone.

Replied by: SHANNON MURPHY on 16-02-2010 11:16:37 PM
So basically, would this app, Outbound_Dialing_in_CVP.zip.  work with CVP Comprehensive OR only with Standalone.

Did you ever get it working in Comprehensive?  This app was based on standalone only.

Replied by: Bill Webb on 17-02-2010 02:45:50 PM
This app does work with CVP Comprehensive...in a way, at least.

After some research into IOS TCL and VXML, which I am not well-versed in, I believe that the outbound app is built the way it is to work around the limitations with call creation and call handoff between TCL and VXML.

With that said, the process of the "polling" call using the "CVPStandalone.tcl" app in the gateway should remain.  Andrew, your app could conceptually be set up to have the HTTP request either place an entry into a database or some other respository, which would then be picked up by the next polling call.  So there might be a delay of up to 15 seconds before the call is placed, but this is probably acceptable for a web callback type of app.

Replied by: Chad Stachowicz on 28-05-2010 04:56:00 PM
Not sure if I can help at all, but last night i rewrote some of it to work a bit more useably in comprehensive mode.  When its all finished I will release my findings and some useable code.

Chad

Replied by: Guirgis Nessim on 27-09-2010 12:44:21 PM
Not sure if I can help at all, but last night i rewrote some of it to work a bit more useably in comprehensive mode.  When its all finished I will release my findings and some useable code.

Chad

Hello,
Has the CVP outbound application worked for anyone on Comprehensive mode?
I tried the application on a standalone environment and it went well on a gateway of version  2821.
Moving the application to a comprehensive mode on a 2811 voice gateway, the proc dialer_response { } procedure of the cvp_obcallreq.tcl returns dialer_resp_invalid which in turns hang the call up because of the invalid state sent to the MakeCall element?
Here is a segment of the log:
Sep 24 13:48:04.729: //32462//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: ******* CVP_DIALER: event ev_proceeding on call leg 32464
*Sep 24 13:48:06.613: //32462//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: ******* CVP_DIALER: event ev_progress on call leg 32464
*Sep 24 13:48:16.705: //32462//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: ******* CVP_DIALER: event ev_connected on call leg 32464
*Sep 24 13:48:16.709: //32462//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: ******* CVP_DIALER: ID = 1234: call to XXXXXXXXXXX established
*Sep 24 13:48:16.753: //32463//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: ******* CVP_OBCALLREQ: dialer response invalid
*Sep 24 13:48:16.841: //32462//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: ******* CVP_DIALER: event ev_destroy_done received

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because i'm really stuck in this problem.
Thanks in advance.

Replied by: Sethuramalingam Balasubramanian on 12-12-2011 12:52:11 AM
Chad,

Can you share your work with a larger audience on how this outbound is working in CVP Comprehensive mode.

Thanks!
-Sethu

Replied by: Fabian Schmidt on 09-12-2013 05:09:46 AM
Hi,

was this ever released? I only find the Outbound Dialing in CVP.zip Sample which is from 2008?

Does it work with Comprehensive? Sorry for digging out this old Thread...

Thanks
Fabian

Replied by: Jin Tiam Loh on 09-12-2013 11:23:10 AM
what ru trying to achieve? some outbound ivr campaign?

thanks!
-JT-

Replied by: Fabian Schmidt on 10-12-2013 03:10:09 AM
Hi,

i have a CVP Comprehensive enviroment (with UCCE) and i want to initiate outbound calls from at any point and give them IVR treatment...

Something happens -> PersonA gets called by CVP, hears an announcement and has to press 1 to confirm. Then PersonB gets called afterwards and also hears an announcement and has to press 1 to confirm,...

All i find is that people are not sure if the cvp outbound standalone sample from 2008 also works with comprehensive. Then some say that there is a new sample from 2010, which i do not seem to find?

Thanks
Fabian

Replied by: GREG SMITH on 10-12-2013 03:38:51 AM
Hi Fabian,

I can confirm that the makecall.tcl from 2008 does work in comprehensive mode. We used it in customer project in Australia last year.
My colleague Peter did most of the work on the makecall. but he indicated that it worked just fine. The environment was a CVP 8.5
system in comprehensive mode, connected to the carrier with SIP trunking.  I haven't heard of the 2010 update, and I don't think Peter
was aware of it either.

Replied by: Fabian Schmidt on 10-12-2013 04:27:38 AM
Hi,

what im looking for is some sort of notification service. For example, 10 people have to becalled after each other and hear an announcement. The initiator has to know who heard the announcement and is informed, so they have to confirm with "pressing 1" after the announcement. It should be completely automated, no agent is involved. Im flexible how this can be triggered... HTTP request, Database entry,...

Thanks,
Fabian

Replied by: Paul Tindall on 10-12-2013 03:45:14 AM
Fabian,

The CVP Standalone Outbound sample doesn't involve the CVP Call Server in it's call flow; it's intended as a mechanism for Call Studio applications to make outbound calls such as reminders and notifications.   That said, once an outbound call is established, it can be transferred into the contact centre comprehensive model in the same way as a normal incoming call would arrive (via survivability on CUBE if required).

So, to answer the question as to whether it works with comprehensive model, that really depends on the comprehensive call flow you're looking for; can you elaborate a bit?

Not aware of any new outbound sample.

Paul

Replied by: Paul Tindall on 11-12-2013 06:37:14 AM
You should be able to implement that with standalone outbound.  Of course, if you use the sample DB approach you'd have to modify the dialing list to implement the sequential call group part but the outbound mechanism itself should do what you want.

Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links